MG celebrated her first birthday with a Polka Dot Picnic. She learned how to "high-5", ate her first hot dog, donned her first cowgirl hat, received her first baby doll, her first bikini and her first pair of sunglasses (pink sunglasses of course) among many other precious things. She enjoyed her very own smash cake and thought it was even funnier to eat it with her sunglasses on. She stayed up WAY past her bedtime and enjoyed the company of all who were here. I think, overall, she had a FANTASTIC first birthday. It was everything a little Princess (and her Mommy) could have envisioned. Very simply, it was perfect! 










Let her eat cake...


It was an evening full of "polka dots" right down to menu: circle burgers, polka dot pasta salad, cheese balls, dotted deviled eggs...you get the picture. The two-tiered Polka Dot Princess cake was the epitome of cuteness! I could not have imagined anything more perfect. Lemon cake, strawberry filling, buttercream icing...MMMMM, can't you just taste it? Wish I could claim that beautiful cake but all I can claim is knowing the domestic goddess who made it. Before someone asks, it was made by my super talented friend Rebekah. In my world, she is my very own "Martha Stewart". Just give her a plate, an invitation and an idea and she can take it to perfection. If you can dream it, she can make it. Thank you Rebekah. You are amazing!
Well, that's pretty much the wrap up. The big day and now the party has come and gone. It is official, our little Princess is ONE!
Saturday, June 23, 2007
a Polka Dot Picnic for Princess MG...
at
11:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
can i say - that i LOVE the sunglasses!!! never seen anybody so CUTE!!!
Yep, the sunglasses ROCK! She's totally hamming it up in those. :)
Sunglasses AND the hat! Move over MG is our next star!
What a positively adorable cake! I can't believe she's already one.
I thought I left a comment??? I guess my brain is fried. TOO PRECIOUS! A party fit for that princess... I know it was a blast for all!
Post a Comment