29 years ago today, I made my entrance into the world at 1:20 pm. When I was a little girl, my Mother would always tell me the story of the day I was born on my birthday. I remember rolling my eyes and thinking here we go again when she would start the "___ years ago today at this time I was ___". Now that I am a Mother myself, I catch myself doing the exact same thing when I think of the birth days of my own children. Funny how you don't always "get it" until you experience it yourself. I'm sure they will some day roll their eyes at me too.
I started my day with a Happy Birthday doughnut. My hubby loaded up our kids at 7 AM so J could pick out a special doughnut for my birthday breakfast. I spent my day completing a project for a very special little girl, unpacking boxes, eating dinner at my favorite restaurant with my husband and children and enjoying a piece of chocolate pie curled up on the sofa my hubby. Nothing fancy or extravagant, but it was perfect. Thanks to all of you who called to send me good wishes. My sweet friend Molly even said she was so glad that I was born. That must be the sweetest Happy Birthday voice mail I have ever received!
Normally, a poignant post on what it means to turn 29 would be in order here. I could search for the perfect words to describe how I feel OR I can let this say everything my heart feels about my life at this very moment. The video is a little cheesy but the words are perfection.
My favorite part:
When I'm singing my kids to sleep...when I feel you holding me...I know, I am SO blessed...and I feel like I've found my way...I thank God for all I've been given at the end of every day...I have been blessed... 
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Blessed...
at
11:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
I know I missed your birthday so happy belated birthday. Glad you are in your house. Just to let you know your daddy remembered your birthday. Hope to see you soon.
Love you,
Aunt Linda
Post a Comment