A water leak five days before closing...not good. I am sick about it but I think/hope/pray that once things dry out it won't be as bad as we think. We'll know more tomorrow after the ceiling leaks all of the water. It was looking better tonight so hopefully it will continue to improve. Hopefully! Long story short, someone turned on the main water supply on Saturday and forgot to turn it off. This afternoon at 3 pm some people were looking in the windows and discovered a nice little rain storm INSIDE our kitchen. The culprit...a leak from the upstairs bathroom. The water was leaking through the ceiling and island light fixture onto the island and the newly poly'ed hard wood floors. My beautiful hard wood floors... AHHHHHHH! Can you say a little frustrated? Once you get past the ceiling photo, I threw in something without stress to show for the day. This is pretty much the final pic of the outside. Not much will change outside after today though we are not sure when we'll be able to inhabit the inside at this point. But hey, let's look on the bright side, at least we found out today and not two weeks from now. I would have been beside myself if I woke up to a wet sofa or a warped dining room table. Now that would certainly bring out the ugliness in me. I'll keep you updated.
Sunday, July 8, 2007
Houston, we have a problem...
at
10:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
that bites!!!
oh no! Good news at least it was today---bad news who needs more stress before closing!!!
oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I am SOOOO sad for you.. What a nightmare!!!! Bright side: wait. Is there a bright side?
Post a Comment