Monday, August 20, 2007

Big Scary Bug Update...

Correction...We are NOT hunting hornets. We are hunting Cicada Killer Wasps (note the plural-as in more than one-and specifically 8). Did you know cicadas come EVERY year, not just every seven? I bet you are wondering how we miss them. The answer: we do not notice them when they come in small numbers...only when thousands of them take over the backyard. I'll spare you the details of what happens to Mr. Cicada once the wasp finds him. I bet you can figure it out. However, if you are up for a little entomology lesson today, then click here.

For your viewing pleasure...a funny photo of Daddy and Uncle Andy trying once again to annihilate the big scary bugs. Mr. Bug Man advice...leave them alone. They will soon "disappear" without any help from the Wombles. Oh, and be sure to sow your lawn very well between now and next summer, or THEY'LL BE BAAAAACK! Great...something to look forward to...

1 comment:

Kim said...

Yes - those would be the EXACT ones that we have!!! Have fun and enjoy that yard!!!