Saturday, September 8, 2007

Deeper Still...

WOW, what a blessing! There really are no adequate words to describe the past two days. Courtney and I, along with 26,000 ladies from all over the US and abroad, had the privilege of attending Deeper Still. For those who are not familiar, Deeper Still is a womens conference featuring three of the most well loved and respected female Bible teachers of our day.
From L to R: Beth Moore (my absolute FAVORITE Bible teacher of all time), 73 yr old beauty Kay Arthur (her name speaks for itself) and Priscilla Shirer (not only a woman of God but a Mommy with small children wading through every day life just like me...who also happens to be wearing a REALLY great jacket)

These three women shared their faith, their hearts and their sincere desire for every woman to go "deeper still" in God's word. We talked about who we are and Who's we are. We talked about having a relationship instead of a religion. We talked about how differently we might live life if we reminded ourselves that God is always there, always "in your face" so to speak. We talked about motherhood, marriage, everyday life and so much more. We laughed until we cried and we cried until we laughed. It was EXACTLY what I needed in so many ways. I returned home to my family 30 hours later with a renewed spirit and appreciation for the life that I have been given. This weekend was a blessing to my heart and I hope what I took away will be obvious to those of you who know and love me (and to those of you who know me and love me anyway).

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm doing a Beth Moore bible study right now, she is awesome!!