J must of asked 50 times this week if there were jellyfish out there. We told him yes but they were WAAAAAAYYYY out there. Well, lo and behold, what did we spot in the water mid day today? You guessed it...a jellyfish. Daddy pointed out the first one to J and that was it. He was distraught and had a hard time going back in the water. The second we saw when we were all out in the ocean together. Daddy pointed it out to me but we kept it to ourselves. We just admired it from afar...or what I thought was from afar. Next thing I know, my leg is stinging and burning with this weird pain I've never felt before. I didn't see anything on my leg but I knew SOMETHING was there. Out of the water MG and I came with the boys right behind us. Apparently Mr. Jellyfish had a long tentacle that made it's way over to my unsuspecting leg. It was the weirdest feeling ever. I would have to know the pain of one wrapping itself around my leg. Oh, and JIK you ever need this little tidbit of information...how do you treat a mild jellyfish sting? White Vinegar and hot water. Needless to say, after my little encounter, we bailed on the ocean and headed for the pool (and the hottub) until lunch. Thank goodness it was deserted or the other guests would have wondered who smelled so bad. White vinegar is definitely not a fragrance of choice.
MG was not impressed with J's attempt at a swimming train. He was the engine and she was the caboose. I don't blame her, who wants to be called a caboose?


Friday, September 28, 2007
The jellyfish encounter...
at
11:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Uggh!! jellyfish....I'm with Courtney though--why is this the first we are hearing of the little creature in the ocean??
Post a Comment