Sunday, September 16, 2007

Public Service Announcement...

Have you ever wondered what might happen to an aluminum foil wrapped breakfast cookie after 2.5 SECONDS in the microwave? Well, I never have but guess what...Cookie on the left is what the package looked like BEFORE. Cookie on the right is what a little microwaving will do. Heh.
You see, I was in a hurry this morning getting ready for church. We were running behind (as usual) and I pulled one of Daddy's breakfast snacks from the box, opened the end and popped it in the microwave. Literally ONE SECOND later it sounded like there was a bomb going off. Sparks were flying, I was screaming, it was like SLOW-MOTION reaching for the handle. I jerked the microwave door open and a little trail of black smoke was rising from the package. Hmmm...what in the world just happened? Well, well, well, my friends, perhaps I need to have a little chat with the marketing team at Quaker Oats. Hey, here's a suggestion from one who now has the t-shirt...could you make your packaging a little more unique to each product. Maybe you could make the boxes a different color and make the word MICROWAVABLE a little LARGER!!!!!!!!!! As you can see, I grabbed the NON-MICROWAVEABLE breakfast bar on the left instead of the Oatmeal ON-THE-GO bar on the right! Do you think if I sent them a link to our blog they might see where I'm coming from?

2 comments:

Kim said...

I want to know - did you eat it?? hehe

Mommy said...

NOOOO I didn't EAT it? Oatmeal CC breakfast cookie iced with aluminum foil. Not so much...