Thursday, October 18, 2007

an introduction to Thankful Thursday...

I have decided we're going to try something new here at the Womble Times...Thankful Thursday. What is Thankful Thursday? I’m not sure where this "me-me" originated. Several months ago, while looking for new OAMC recipes, I ran across a few blogs that participate in this weekly "me-me" post. I can't promise I'll post weekly but I'm going to try.

I think TT will require me to actively remind myself of the many things — from the seemingly mundane to the monumental — that should be appreciated. It is my personal opinion that we as a society take so much for granted. Even those of us who ARE thankful do not take the time to express our thankfulness nearly enough (myself included). I'm sure the tone of my TT will be different each week. Pals with blogs...feel free to join in. Pals without blogs...you are welcome to leave your TT in the comments section if you would like to participate. Perhaps TT will change our perspectives and help us to be openly thankful every week, instead of one special day in November.

Here’s my list for today...

**I am thankful for our new church and the opportunity God has given us to grow in our relationship with Him, in our relationship with each other and in our example to our children.

**I am thankful for husband who is my #1 fan. I am thankful that he is the most loving and supportive husband I could have ever dreamed into being. I am thankful that he loves his children to the moon and back again. I am thankful that my children have a wonderful example of a Fathers love. I am thankful he arrived home safely from a business trip last night. I am thankful that God chose him to be my husband.

**I am thankful for J. I am thankful that God has heard and answered our prayers so many times in his 4.85 years of life. I am thankful that he is healthy. I am thank that he is having a great preschool year so far. I am thankful that being a Mother is the hardest yet most rewarding title I will ever hold. I am thankful that of all the little boys in the world, God chose J to be our son.

**I am thankful for MG. I am thankful that she turns 16 months old today. I am thankful for the pure joy she has brought to my heart. I am thankful that she is happy and healthy. I am thankful for her ability to communicate. I am thankful when she calls me "Momma". I am thankful for the all things pink and cute dresses. I am thankful for her belly laugh. I am thankful that of all the little girls in the world, God chose MG to be our daughter.

**I am thankful for family: the family I have known since birth and the family I inherited in marriage. I am thankful for my Mother who has always been in my cheering section no matter what. I am thankful for my Mother-in-law and Father-in-law who loved my husband long before I did.

**I am thankful for friendship. I am thankful for the phenomenal group of friends I have been given. Some old friends, some new friends, some friends I'm still trying to figure out. There are too many to name but they are all loved for the blessings they bring to my life.

**I am thankful that I live in a country where freedom and opportunity await. I am thankful that I, as a woman, was born in the United States instead of somewhere else. I am thankful that my children will have boundless opportunities simply because they are citizens of the great nation we call home.

--Mommy

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Great idea, friend. Here are a couple of brief ones for me on this Thursday... not as deep as yours, but yet still thankful that -

My son was on best behavior at WalMart today after our meltdown Barnes and Noble experience.

That my husband will be home tomorrow... and perhaps I shall return to Barnes & Noble. ALONE.

That even though some days at home are frustrating, that I am able to be home at all... and thankful for the husband and his job that make that possible. :)

MGK said...

I think I'm in your friendship category of the ones you're trying to figure out! hehe. And, I'm thankful for YOU!

Anonymous said...

I am thankful to have a daughter so thoughtful of others that she would create TT. Way to go girl. You are always helping me look at my life and how I can be a better person; for this I am thankful.
Love Mom