It was 6:00 PM last evening when the napless son started to BEG and PLEAD for bedtime. He NEEEEVVVVEEEERRRR does that...EVER! He hits the ground running every morning at WARP SPEED. No need to slowly work into the day. That's not a choice for our J. He is full steam ahead and doesn't wind down until he is in his room and preparing himself for either naptime or bedtime. Yesterday, he was one sleep too short. Not long after the sun went down, he was literally throwing himself in the floor and yelling "I NEED TO GO TO BED! I AM SOOOO TIRED! I NEED TO SLEEP!" blah.blah.blah.drama.drama.drama. We fought it for about 45 minutes with the "HE CAN'T GO TO BED BEFORE 7...that's crazy" routine until we had had all the drama we could stand. So, both kids in bed at 6:47 PM. That may be a Womble record. We came downstairs and caught the last 10 minutes of Funniest Videos before our Sunday night threesome began (EM-HE, DH and B&S). WOW! We ate popcorn, we talked, we just hung out. It was weird and great at the same time. About 8:20 Daddy got up to get something and the next thing I know, there was snoring coming from our room. He had fallen asleep too...at 8:20 PM! So, there I was in the midst of a silent house. I finished the Sunday night lineup and then took my pal Kim's advice and got busy on my list while the house was asleep. I hit the pillow at 1 hoping and praying the children would sleep a little longer in the morning.
COCK-a-DOODLE doo!
We awoke to the sound of the ottoman rolling across the hardwood as our son tried to scavenge the candy from the top shelf of the kitchen cabinet. It was 5:45 AM and we have no idea how long he had been up. It's safe to say it had been a while. He said "I was up watching TV but I was VERRRRRRYYY quiet so you wouldn't hear me". At least he was honest but does everyone remember what happened the last time he was up and I didn't know it. Ha. Much to my dismay, guess who else was already awake for the day? It is not abnormal for J to be up this early but it IS abnormal for BOTH of them to be up before six. Everyone say it with me...WE HATE THE TIME CHANGE...WE HATE THE TIME CHANGE...one more time...WE HATE THE TIME CHANGE!
Monday, November 5, 2007
COCK-a-DOODLE doo!
at
6:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
I'm just impressed and jealous you got to watch your Sunday night lineup--uninterrupted! Ditto here for the time change!!
Impressive to have all the kids in the bed so early and they slept all night - who cares if they got up early!!
So my TV lineups only happen because of DirectTV and the DVR; otherwise, I'd never get to watch "my shows." We should have a "line up" night! As far as the time change goes, I'll say it with you... The thing I loathe the most is that its now only 7:30pm and I want to go to bed. LAME! It's dark soooooo early! :(
WOO HOO!! Yes I can comment on IE now! yay
Looks like the links are working! I'm back on the commenting page!!
Commenting from IE!
I HATE THE TIME CHANGE!
Post a Comment