Saturday, November 17, 2007

Scooby Dooby Doooooooo Par-tay!

This year we (by we I mean Daddy) decided we needed to have two separate parties for J.'s 5th birthday...one for his pals and one for his family. After much discussion and wishy-washy decision making, the party boy finally decided upon an afternoon of indoor play gym and a jumpy house. To our four year old, no party is complete without a jumpy house. Since he has a late November birthday a jumpy house has never been an option. Well, until we found out our local YMCA does an INDOOR jumpy house party. Supposedly, they take care of everything. :-)Indoor play gym...cake...ice cream...CapriSuns...presents. Then we were off to the jumpy house. All the big kids were having a great time in the jumpy house. Hair was flying, smiles were plastered on little faces and happy screaming was heard for miles. We discovered there was an issue pretty quickly after all eight of them were inside. Two holes in the floor of the jumpy house...hmmmm...not good for the one thing your son has been looking forward to. Two to three at a time was not the plan but was necessary to keep the jumpy house afloat. Thankfully there were balls in the gym to help keep them occupied until it was their turn to jump.Overall I think J had a fun Scooby Dooby Doooooo Party. 10 little people had a great time including one baby sister who was not up for the group photo op. Special thanks to all of our pals who were able to make it. It was great to see you and we hope you had a grand 'ole time. Unfortunately, several of his pals were sick, out of town or celebrating Thanksgiving a bit early today. Either way, I think J had a wonderful time and he's looking forward to par-tay #2 on his "real" birthday.

And just to prove she really was present at ZsaZsa's birthday...


Does anyone else hear whistling and thoughts of boredom here?

the Womble juice box stealer strikes again...

2 comments:

Sonja said...

Happy Birthday, J!! Has it been five years since I trekked to the hospital and sat Cade on the bench in your room wearing his huge, puffy jacket??!! I still have a memory of that....funny the things you remember.

I got a good chuckle out of MG. I really DID hear whistling!!

Courtney said...

Oh, that is classic MG!

Happy Birthday, J! Sorry we missed your super cool partay, but didn't want to infect all the kiddos right before Turkey Day! Cool save on the cake, Ms. Rebekah!