Saturday, December 1, 2007

a beautiful day...a beautiful wedding...a beautiful Bride...

Today was a beautiful day for a beautiful wedding for a beautiful Bride. Andrea is one of my best friends from high school and this day belonged to her and the handsome groom Neil. It is hard to believe we have been friends for over 14 years! We've been talking about this day for all 14 of those years and her dream of a Christmas wedding became a reality today. We are so happy that she has found someone to share her life. It has been a long time coming and she truly deserves to be with someone who treats her like a Queen. She found that someone in Neil. It was an honor for three of the four Wombles to stand up for her on her special day.


J. was the most handsome ring bearer in the history of ring bearers. He took his job very seriously and after a little practice, his ring bearing duties went off without a hitch.

Funny #1: J. was quite distressed most of the weekend as he could not for the life of him understand why Mommy was walking with someone other than Daddy. "Mommy, you're walking with the wrong maaaaannnnnnn" was heard several times from the back of the church during rehearsal. He even asked Ryan (Neil's groomsmen- my escort), "Why are YOU walking with MY Mommy?" I held my breath as we walked out of the church just praying I wouldn't hear his little voice before I got out of there.

Funny #2: At the rehearsal on Friday night, we told J that this was the church that Mommy and Daddy married in 8.5 years ago. His response..."Where was I when you got married? With Grammy?" :-) Ummmm...nope...not quite...

Funny #3: Daddy was nominated as the "sound man" by the wedding coordinator an hour and a half before the ceremony. The real sound man Andrea paid never showed up. Unbenownst to the bride or groom, we called everyone we could think of with any type of audio/sound system background along with half the church staff to walk us through it. No one was home. Thank goodness Andrea hired a harpist who had no need for a microphone during the first 20 minutes. The church pastor showed up literally five minutes before the first solo at 5:35 and saved the day. Thank you Lord!

Funny #4: The Womble boys looked fantastic in their wedding attire. I, on the other hand, looked hideous in my strapless bridesmaids dress. I had to glue it to my skin to keep it where it was supposed to be. Despite my dress, which looked beautiful on the other girls by the way, our bouquets were gorgeous: White roses with white feather trim. Interesting combination but they had Andrea written all over them.

Here are a few pictures I snapped the next day before the tuxedos went back. Daddy is wearing his "deer in the headlights" look. It actually means 'I can't believe you are making me put this penguin suit on AGAIN!' More photos to come after I borrow some from the people who remembered their cameras. Although you shouldn't hold your breath for a picture of me. If I come across one I can Photoshop myself to look like a rock star I'll post it. Otherwise, just use your imagination. Me, big hair, lots of makeup, strapless gown and high heel shoes. I was there...I promise...I have the flowers, the earrings and the blisters on my feet to prove it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was definitely a beautiful wedding. ALL of the Wombles looked great! I must say that J did an awesome job with his ring bearer duties--maybe next time Jake can take some lessons from him. And Mommy looked WONDERFUL in her bridesmaid's dress--don't let her tell you otherwise!! And I DO have pictures to prove it--don't make me post them. =)

Sonja said...

Come on,M. give yourself some credit!! as i've told another friend........sometimes you've just got to get out there and OWN it. who cares what everyone else thinks! I'm sure you were spendid in your dress. some spray tan may have helped this time of year........

Kim said...

I saw a picture!!! And you looked marvelous!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. Thank you for saying such sweet things. I think we are becoming quite a photographer!! You looked fabulous in your dress despite what you think.... you have to admit the boquet was different but beautiful!! Love you all

the daddy said...

I love the father/son pics; they are wonderful. I know you must be one proud mommy.