Friday, December 28, 2007

Momma said there'd be days like this...

It's been one--two--no, make that three of THOSE days. I rarely have days like this at this point in my life but the past three have weighed very heavily on my emotions. You know the kind of days I'm talking about? Days when you have something burdening your heart but there is not one thing you can physically do about it. I HATE IT! Honestly, over the past three days I have analyzed this situation every way possible. I have beat myself up. I have analyzed my character. I have questioned my own intentions and I still come back to the same conclusion. I am not a bad guy. I know who I am, I know who I'm not and I know this person has it ALL WRONG! I keep reminding myself what my Mom always told me as a kid...sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me. Well, you know what, that's a lie. Words do harm you whether you like it or not. In nearly 30 years, I have been accused more than once of wearing my heart on my sleeve. I know it and in recent years I have tried to blow things off and not take things so personally. My Meme, being the Queen of Worriers, has always reminded me to worry about nothing...pray about everything. I have really tried to do that this week as this situation has weighed heavily on my heart.

Then tonight, out of nowhere, I came across this...Tonight, after two sleepless nights, I am going to bed reassured that I am doing exactly what I know in my heart I was meant to do...no matter what the odds may think.



P.S. I know this is vague. We are all fine so no need for concern. I will not elaborate so please don't ask. It's really not worth sharing. I just needed to vent to someone other than Daddy as I've talked his ear off the past three nights. Bless his heart...he's the best listener...but this is a situation that even he can't fix.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're hurting. You will be in my prayers.

Ashley said...

I tried to send you an e-mail but it kept coming back to me

Kim said...

Been there, done that.

You need to charge them rent if they are going to continue to take up space in your brain!!! hehe

MGK said...

Thought these words might bring you some comfort:
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won’t feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. As we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
-- Marianne Williamson
I love you!
Mol

Anonymous said...

Oh you are SO doing what you were meant to do and it is the best most important work you will ever do in your life. Remember that and noone--I mean NOONE--can tell you any different than that or take that away from you!