Friday, December 21, 2007

WANTED on charges of assault and battery...
two Bratty Brothers at the Chick-fil-A playground

Yes, I'm behind for the entire month of December but I'm so hacked off I need to vent. J was assaulted by two brothers at the Chick-fil-A playground today. The bratty little brother (~4/5 yo) was slapping, scratching and hitting while the older brother (~6/7 yo) was pounding on J's feet. J and the bratty little brother were on the top step and the bratty older brother was on the step below so that's all he could reach was J's feet. J was hitting him back while I'm trying to remain reasonably calm, "Boys, you stop it RIGHT NOW!". Then, the bratty little brother bit the crap out of J's arm...TWICE! J tried to pull away but the boy had his jaw clamped down so hard he couldn't get away. I'm watching it all unfold from the floor and I can't do a thing about it. I. WAS. SOOOOOOOO. MAD. Of course, the Mother was no where in sight, the place was packed, J is wailing and MG has joined the screaming fest because J is so upset. When the bratty little brother came down the slide J was yelling at the top of his lungs to him...

J: "SANTA IS NOT GOING TO BRING YOU ANY PRESENTS ON TUESDAY BECAUSE YOU ARE MEEEEAAAAANNNNNN!"
Bratty little brother: Yes HE WILL! SHUT UP!
Mommy: You know, it's not nice to hit and bite other people. You need to keep your hands to yourself.
Bratty little brother: SHUT UP!
Mommy: YOU NEED TO KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF! {said with big googly eyes while trying to contain my anger--did he SERIOUSLY just tell an adult to SHUT UP?}

I scooped both of my screaming children up and headed toward the door. Bratty little brother thought I was headed to find his Mom so he ran out the door first and pushed against the other side of the door so I could not get out. It took everything in me not to sling that door open and throw the little brat straight across the room. Meanwhile, J is bleeding from the scratches on his face and telling me he needs to go see Dr. Anna because his arm hurts. Another Mother sitting beside the door, not bratty little brothers Mother mind you, had to tell him to move and let us out. He would not listen to my requests to "move away from the door, please".

Now I'm so hacked off at myself that I didn't find their Mother and tell her what they did. The sad part about it is she might not of even cared. On the way home I asked J what happened.

J: That boy wanted to go down the slide but I told him it wasn't his turn yet
Mommy: Did you hit him first?
J: No, he started hitting me and scratching me so I slapped him in the face

Normally, I do not condone hitting in any way, shape, form or fashion. BUT, when my son is bleeding in the back seat I am not going to give him the "we do not hit people" speech. I couldn't say a word to him either because at that moment I wanted take a few swings myself. Adults don't really do it...they just think it...or at least most of us do. In my lifetime, I do not recall wanting to hurt two small children...until today.

Bratty Brother Tag Team: You better watch out! I hope I don't see you in a dark alley any time soon. And I echo the sentiments of my son...I hope "Santa doesn't bring you any presents because you're MEAN!" Do whatever you want to me. That's fine. But do not, I repeat, DO. NOT. MESS. WITH. MY. CHILDREN. Nothing will bring out the Mommy horns and googly eyes faster.

--signed one hacked off MOMMY

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Send out an APB...we are on the watch and we are good at removing said teeth that do the biting... you got my blood boiling and I did not even witness.

Sonja said...

Unfortunately, if there is an Amber Alert for 2 boys, ages 5 and 7 last seen at Chick-fil-a, you know I am going to be forced to testify...............

Kim said...

My friend - that is why we don't do any of the play things at any resturant . . . because I think we all know that the red-neck-trash in me would definitely be coming out and I would hate to embarrass my kids by beating up some loser mom in the parking lot {this of course after I finished teaching her kids a lesson!!}

You might want to get your kid checked for rabies!!!

MGK said...

Oh me Oh My! Yeah, I'm with you on this one M - I would have found the Mom and let her have it for not supervising her children, and would have likely gotten arrested for assaulting her because it would be worse to assault her children... I'm all angry just thinking about it...