I can not believe that I have sat down 200 times over the past year to document our family life. Really, I can not believe it. I have never been good at journaling. I own several beautiful journals started with the best of intentions complete with entries on the first 3 or 4 pages. The rest of the book is empty. Sad, I know. I am so proud that I have done this. I know years from now I will be even more grateful. I'm all out of fresh and poignant things to say these days. Instead, I'll leave you with one of my current favorite songs. It speak volumes to me...
and I couldn't post this without leaving you with the part that makes me teary every single time...
So give to the needy
And pray for the grieving
Even when you don’t think that you can
‘Cause all that you do is bound to come back to you
So think of your fellow man
Make peace with God and make peace with yourself
‘Cause in the end there’s nobody else
(Chorus)
‘Cause it’s not who you knew
And it’s not what you did
It's how you live
If only the standards of the world mirrored the final words of this song.
"It's not who you knew, and it's not what you did, it's how you live."
Here's to 200 posts and many, many more to come.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Post #200!
at
11:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
M-
You're just THE BEST. I love your sweet heart. Who sings this song? It's perfect.
M-
Post a Comment