Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thankful Thursday: 9 years and counting...

9 years? 9 YEARS! May 8, 1999 was a beautiful day for a wedding but not just any wedding--it was our wedding. It was simple yet beautiful filled with memories that are forever etched on my heart. It was the best day of my life. Today, on Thankful Thursday, I am thankful...

9. I sat behind a "city boy" in Mrs. Tucker's Algebra II class in 1993
8. the "city boy" befriended me even though I was a "Liberty girl"
7. we didn't date until after high school (the week after graduation)
6. my friend Andrea imposed the "3 date rule" before I bailed (first date=no sparks...third date=sparks...look what I would have missed if I had bailed on #1)
5. I said "yes" and we didn't let the "you're too young" opinions stand in our way
4. from day one, we have always put each other and our marriage FIRST
3. for the two precious children God has blessed us
2. my husband strives to be a strong example of a husband and Father for his family
1. he chose me 12 years ago and never looked back

I love our life, our marriage and our commitment to each other. I love our children and the blessing I have been given to be with them each and every day. I love how we have grown so much over the past 9 years. I love how God continually shows us that we can get through anything with Him walking by our side. Here's to 9 wonderful years and many more to come.

No comments: