Saturday, May 24, 2008

Top 10 things I learned while in Las Vegas...

  • The Venetian Hotel was 5 stars. The food was 3 stars. The service was 5 stars. Canyon Ranch Spa at the Venetian was 10 stars! Wonder how they can afford such luxury?
  • Shopping at Frederick's of Hollywood and/or Victoria's Secret for everyday clothing is normal and accepted
  • There are no rules for billboard advertisements
  • It is acceptable for Australian men in very tight pants and bow ties to advertise their "show" on the street corner
  • If someone is flicking what APPEARS to be a baseball card in your face DO NOT TAKE IT! (Think baseball cards for "ladies of the evening" complete with photo in uniform, physical statistics and contact information--enough said)
  • Everything is ridiculously expensive--ex: (1) "All American breakfast" via room service--$34.00
  • If desert winds are greater than 30 mph it is not safe to be outside...especially when the pool is on the roof and empty pool chairs are blowing over
  • If the sign says "European Bathing" you do not belong there
  • It is not uncommon to find people laughing hysterically and drinking Corona at 6 AM after a full night of, well, who knows what? (noted during our 6 AM departure Friday morning--no, I wasn't one of them)
  • Many moons ago someone dubbed Las Vegas "Sin City". Their description still holds true.
Photos and commentary to follow.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Hilarious!! Can't wait to see photos!! Glad you enjoyed your trip - December will mark 7 yrs since I have been to Vegas ... yep, got married there during National Finals Rodeo!!! :)

Kim said...

HA!!! I too, can't wait for the pictures!

Sissy said...

Those are quite funny. I would love to visit a spa someday and relax my cares away. Sigh.