Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday beautiful baby...

To my precious daughter...

Has it really been two years since I first laid eyes upon your precious face? Where does the time go? I know I'm going to say that every birthday from now until the end of time but someday you will understand. Someday I hope you will hold your own beautiful child in your arms and know exactly what my heart feels in this very moment.

Two years ago today, I snuggled close to an 8 pound 13 ounce baby girl and promised her my love for eternity. That baby girl was you, MG. It seems like yesterday you were wrapped in a blanket and now your own "bay-bay's" have taken your place on the sofa.

Turning two feels like such a milestone in the life of a child. No longer will you be 12 months, 17 months, 21 months. You'll be two. Two? My baby is TWO? A two year old baby girl who now has her own "children" to feed, stroll, bath and ultimately, love. The first time I heard you say softly to your bay-bay's, "Mommy loves you", I cried tears of joy. I must tell you that at least 20 times a day and now you share those same sentiments with your own little people. In 23 months of life, you've already figured out the mission statement of a Mommy: to love. Maybe it's not the mission statement of every Mommy, but it is mine.

MG, you have brought us indescribable joy in two short years and I know there is much more to come. With the flash of a smile or the sound of a giggle, you remind me what I was born to do. I was born to be your Mommy. I love you beautiful baby. I love you all the way to the moon and back again. Happy Birthday!

Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, MG!!! We love you!

Sonja said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, MG!! Hope you have a great day with lots of cake!

Rachel Spence said...

Happy Birthday MG!!!!!!!!!!