For the past two months we have spent our Wednesday mornings at Mrs. Kim's neighborhood pool. Me, Rachel, Kim, Rachel's sister Stefanie and a total of 9 children hit the pool each week like we own the place. You read that right. NINE children! For whatever reason I never took any pictures the entire summer. I know I brought my camera a couple times but never took it out of the bag. I guess I was too busy trying to keep our fearless children out of the big pool to actually take pictures.
Anyway, here are a few I lifted from Kim and Rachel taken randomly throughout the summer.
The group photo (minus the babies). See, I told you we owned the place...
First up, meet Rachel's little people.
This is Jake enjoying his sacred time in the big pool. Special thanks to Stefanie for most of the big pool action this summer...
This is Will entertaining us with his best Michael Phelps impersonation. This kid cracks me up...
Here is sweet Alaina Claire having fun in her coordinating pool attire...
Next, meet Kim's little shadows.
This is Hudson, Kim's oldest son. I'm pretty sure he's the reason the kiddie pool almost ran out of water on several occasions.
And here are Carson and Lawson, Kim's boys who just happen to be twins. You liked that didn't you Kim? I'm pretty sure they logged more time out of the pool than in it but they still had fun (especially when it was time for snack). 
Where is Emsley? She was there every week but I found no photos of the tiniest pool goer. Anyone care to share one?
And finally, the little people that need no introduction on this blog.
J described in the words of Kim W..."here is 007 in his oh-so-cool-water-wings and his coordinating water pistol!! J Womble, you're sooo cool!"

Finally, the only mobile princess of the whole crew, MG. Here she is trying to escape to the big pool for the 11th time in 30 minutes...
After Swim Day we head back to Mrs. Kim's to eat lunch and trash her house before nap time. Hopefully we didn't do too much damage this summer (minus the whole stinky carpet cleaning incident).
Today was our "one last hoorah" for Swim Day. J starts Kindergarten tomorrow and Jake started preschool earlier this week. Shhhhh...he missed the last day but don't tell him. Kim, you said same time-same place-next summer and we're going to take you up on it. We have had a blast spending time with all of you. I'm hoping next year we can round out the lineup to a good solid group of 10. I'll be happy to take on the responsibility of kiddo #10. Wish me luck! :-)
Thursday, August 21, 2008
One Last Hoorah...
at
3:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
We had a blast too! IT was always a great time and good/interesting/entertaining conversation....gotta love that! I've got to go back and look to see if I have pics of Em...let ya know.
Post a Comment