Today was MG's first day of Mother's Day Out at our church. Prior to any first day of school photography, she wanted her backpack ON HER BACK and lunch box IN HAND before she would let me proceed. She also had to pause a moment for the beautiful flowers. That's my MG...no matter what is going on around her she always takes the time to smell the roses. I love that about her.
She was so excited to have her picture taken on the porch just like her brother did a few weeks ago. She couldn't wait to "go to big skoo lite brutter" until about the time we pulled in the church parking lot. At this point, she wasn't so sure school was a good idea...
Doesn't she look thrilled? We greeted her new teachers, Mrs. Carrie and Mrs. Melissa, and after a few minutes she was off to play. She cried about 30 seconds when I left but then she was OK. She will attend on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-2.
We struggled with the decision to send her this year but ultimately decided it was a good move. She is such a social butterfly, loves to makes friends and she will LOVE it. It was my own hesitation that I had to get over. It is 10 hours a week in a loving Christian environment. She will enjoy art, music, chapel, outdoor play and meet many new friends among other things. Do you hear me convincing MYSELF as I type?
While she is having fun at MDO, I will have the opportunity to volunteer at J's school (which is the main reason we made this decision). For obvious reasons, they have a "no siblings" policy for volunteers. I would never be able to have a presence at his school without someone to help me with MG. We will reevaluate if the need arises but for now our baby girl is officially a little school girl. Sniff. Sniff. Sniff. Isn't she beautiful?
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
First day of Mother's Day Out...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Look at that cute outfit!! She will have so much fun at Mother's Day Out. Yay for you for getting to help out at J's school too.
Post a Comment