Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Say CHEEEEEEEEEEEESE!

See what happens when you send your 5 year old for Kindergarten pictures without you? I was not there to remind him to smile a "regular boy smile" and look what happened! Did you note the strained neck muscles in Pose 2? How could you miss them? Sorry Mrs. Courtney but your efforts to rid my children of the words "say CHEESE" have officially failed. I would bet the farm that is exactly what he's saying here (if I were the betting kind OR had a farm but that's beside the point). I happened to read the note from the studio before I saw the proof so I KNEW whatever was in that envelope was going to be GOOD! This is how it began...

Dear Parents,

In viewing the fall underclass images taken at your school, we discovered that your student's images did not come out well...

Hmmmmm...ya think?

8 comments:

Courtney said...

Ahh... the compulsory school mug shot. I would love to have heard the instructions given by the photographer for these particular images. "Hey J, close your eyes and say cheeeeeese until you turn blue"... "Pretend you're constipated"... the possibilities are endless. =)

Seriously, did they even glance at the LCD screen before sending him on his way?? I'm no Ansel Adams, but I'm pretty sure they might have had some inkling that these "didn't turn out well". Ha!

Anonymous said...

You HAVE to keep those and frame them. Lets face it, school photos are bad. These are memorable. My favorite photo is one of Benjamin at 20 months on Santas lap screaming bloody murder. Of course, I wanted the perfect shot at the time and nearly didn't buy it. Rich encouraged me to keep it. Every Christmas it comes out in its frame and is a wonderful conversation piece. Get the 8x10s and frame them. They capture your son's personality. You have plenty of great photos from Ms. Courtney. Just my humble opinion.
Miss you.

Sonja said...

HA! I love it. You know Cade always does the same thing....minus the closed eyes. Luckily I was there for school pic day (not at the exact picture moment) but beforehand to give him the reminder "normal kid smile, Cade. Normal kid."

Buy at least the small ones. I would.....just so I could laugh at it.

Robin said...

One word.

Retakes!

Or...........you could buy them in every size and send them in your holiday cards to everyone who knows you (wink).

Rachel Spence said...

HAHA!! Ok that is too funny! He was trying his hardest Mommy, as evidenced in Pose 2 for sure. His neck might be sore after that. Yeah you gotta keep them....one day you'll laugh with him.

Kellyann said...

Now that IS funny....especially that they forewarned you that the pictures were not going to be good. Hopefully they'll retake them. What a crack up! He really WAS cheesing it up for the camera.

Denise said...

Too funny. I never purchase these pics because I love candids so much more...but I always do hope that they are good enough for the yearbook!!

Kim said...

HYS-terical!!!!! You have to buy at least the smallest package for future reference!!!!