"Pirates Booty"? All night long, I have listened to my son laugh hysterically after saying the words "Pirates Booty". My reactions...
"J, stop saying that"
"J, that is not funny. Please stop laughing about that"
"J, that is not appropriate"
"J, that is enough"
To which I hear, "Mooooommmmmmmm, it's not ugly. I read it at school. Jackson brought it. It's OK!"
Really? Because throwing yourself in the floor after you mention the back side of a pirate is really not funny. What kind of book did Jackson bring to school? What in the world is "Pirates Booty"? What are they teaching you at this new school of yours?
September's Public Service Announcement is for anyone who might be in the dark (like Mommy). May I present to you...
They are a cross between popcorn and cheese puffs. They really aren't that good but my son thought they were great (and hysterical). Now, won't you all rest easier knowing the answer to my question? When your child comes home talking about a "Pirates Booty" you'll know they aren't talking about treasure or the behind of a pirate.
{Special thanks to Rebekah for informing me that booty=treasure. I didn't know that one either}
Thursday, September 11, 2008
What in the world is...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Oh good grief. Yep...can't wait for the days of hysterical laughter about such things. Oh I know they are coming. AND the things they come up with to name food....really?!
Just for the record, Webster says, "rich gain or prize." Close enough!
YOU DID NOT KNOW THAT BOOTY=LOOT/TREASURE! Girl!!! Well, you are invited to my house on October 18th for some swashbucklin fun - the babes are turning 2! And a pirate party is planned!
Post a Comment