We all understand what a monumental time this is for the future (and the history) of our country. The Womble Times is just a Mommy blog and I choose to keep it that way but not before I say this...
Vote. Regardless of how long the line is or what is penciled in your calendar, go VOTE. I do not care that you don't have a sitter for the kids or the weather isn't going to be spectacular. Go VOTE. We live in a country where we enjoy the freedom to express our opinions and be heard. This is your opportunity to do so. Don't mess it up.
I can not and will not tell you who to vote for. Quite frankly, I'm not convinced any of the presidential jokers candidates are perfect for the position. I take major issue with both of them. The reality is we have a handful of choices (yes--there are more than two). We have to choose the person we feel is most qualified to lead our country. I encourage you to research the issues. Do not choose a candidate based upon the letter beside their name or a forwarded email you received. Know what you believe and WHY you believe it. Then VOTE. It is your right and obligation as a citizen of this great nation.
My Papa (who has ALL the answers and would have ran for President my entire life if he could have) has ALWAYS made the statement, "If you don't vote, you can't complain." I'm pretty sure he's never missed an election so in his book he has every right to complain about "the government". :-) If for no other reason, you must vote so you can play the "well, I didn't vote for HIM" game (just like Papa).
For those of you who live in a box and haven't heard the news...early voting ends tomorrow in our state and next Tuesday November 4th is Election Day. Be there. No excuses.
P.S. to my friend SBM--they accepted my write in vote for BL. Does he know he's running for President?
P.S.S. OK, stop with the emails folks. It's an inside joke. No, I did not write in BL (though I'm sure it would have been a better choice). You can all SIMMER DOWN now...)
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Don't forget to vote...
at
1:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
He was honored that you thought of him for the presidential ticket. He has lots of good ideas should he win :)
All I can say is Amen!!
Lisa Q
You got it! The kiddos and I participated in a mock election, too. Much fun! Since they split their votes, it looks like at least one of them will have the "right" to complain. ;-) We're not going to early vote, I'd like for them (the kids) to experience the atmosphere of election day and follow the result on the news for the day. I'll post pics of their "Vote today" signs they're making!
good advise...VOTE!
Post a Comment