Hooray! I've been tagged by my friend Denise. I have been following her blog, Journey to Maggie Mae, since last fall. She continues to be such an inspiration to me as we wade through the process of bringing home MH. She is a Mommy to five including four handsome boys and one precious little girl who came home from China in the spring. She gives me hope that our day is coming...
If you know me in real life these facts are probably not news to you.
1. I am a perfectionist. If I don't have the time to do something exactly how it should be done, I don't do it. I refold wash clothes if they aren't folded the right way. I reorganize closets if the clothes aren't hung in the right spot (short sleeve, long sleeve, dress pants, etc.).
2. I DESPISE folded, bent or wrinkled paper. I secretly wish the only envelopes available were 8 1/2 x 11" so paper would never have to be folded and placed in small envelopes.
3. I have an overwhelming fear of flying. I can talk about it rationally outside of an airport but when I get there I turn into a blubbering mess. I know the adoptive Moms who are reading this are laughing right now considering the hours I will soon be spending on an airplane (in a TWO week period). I will say I did better on the two flights I took this year with another one coming up in the next month--our first flight with our children. If that's not motivation to keep it together I don't know what is.
4. When I write something down and then mess up I have to rewrite the entire page. I can't stand to mark something out. As a child, there were no eraser marks on my paper. If I had to erase more than once I started over.
5. When I need to remember important numbers, I picture myself writing them on a giant chalk board in my mind. When I need to remember important words, I type them out with my fingers on an invisible keyboard. If you ever see my fingers "typing" I'm trying to remember something.
6. Most days I can't remember what I did yesterday but I can remember weird random things. Like my best friend from grade school's phone number OR what I wore on the first day of high school OR how much my son weighed at each Pediatrician appointment his first year of life OR how many cm's my friend was dilated before she had her son.
7. When I have to stay in a hotel, I complete a quality control inspection of cleanliness. I check under the beds, in the cracks of the mattresses, the sheets and all of the drains. I fold down the comforter with the tips of my fingers and do not touch it again. I would rather freeze to death than cover up with that thing. DISGUSTING! There are many more examples but I'll stop there. Let's just say I'm a bit of a GERMOPHOBE outside my own home and leave it at that.
Is it sad that I typed this up in about five minutes? Is it sad that there are MORE weird and random things I could share? I already know the answer before you reply. All I can say is thankfully there people who know me and choose to love me anyway. Thanks friends.
OK, now I tag...
Amy at Our Family, Our Story
Anna at Party of Eight
Ashley at Keepin' up with the Jones'
Cindy at the Family Blah, Blah, Blahg
Flamingo Mama at 1 Crazy Journey
Heather at Dragons and Elephants
Sonja at a Day in the Life
Have fun girls!
Friday, October 31, 2008
TAG, I'm it!
at
6:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
Yep, I know you well. I chuckled through the list while I nodded up and down "Uh-huh, that's so TRUE!" =)
Thanks,,, If you read my list, you are one of my enviable kind of people.. I so wish extreme organization could be on my list of randomness about me... not even close.
I thought that I was a perfectionist...until I read this! Hee hee~
I didn't know any of those?!
Sike!
i hate the crinkled paper too! another thing for me...have to have everything lined up...no weird angles when my bills are on the counter to be paid! super fun! oh, check out my blog...i'm posting adoption stuff every day this month since it's national adoption awareness month!
--Just you wait til' you get to the Chinese hotel! It may look ostentatious, but clean? Not so much. Please pack you some flip-flops for the bathroom. Otherwise you will either have to step on their floor or wear their ridiculous paper slippers. You sound a lot like me with your quirks!
Kay
Post a Comment