Seven months ago we began the official paperchase to Womble baby #3. These beautiful BEAUTIFUL photographs represent the fruits of my our labor.
Within this huge stack of paper is everything you ever wanted to know about the Wombles (and then some). Birth records, childhood memories, recommendations from friends and family, criminal records (or lack thereof), education, health status, extended family social history (LOL--that was a very long section) etc. etc. etc. You name it...it's in there. The copies in blue are the original documents that will go to China. The rest are copies for both our agency and for us to keep. I wonder how many trees we killed in order to make all of those copies?
There are so many emotions wrapped up within the pages of this dossier. Much like a new pregnancy, this simple stack of paper represents the excitement, anxiety and anticipation that 2009 is sure to bring. International adoption is long and daunting. Waiting for a referral is hard. Waiting after we receive a referral will be even more difficult. From this point forward, the only thing left to do is take each day one day at a time. On so many levels this entire process is a HUGE leap of faith. Today we jumped in head first. Not knowing exactly where we will land, but knowing Who will hold us up until we do. Goodbye Paperchase...thanks to you we are one GIANT step closer to our daughter. At this moment, that feels amazing!







6 comments:
It is absolutely perfect! I love the pink bow! A big congratulations to the Wombles from your friends in the north east! :)
YaHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Looks beautiful... I'm certain it's the prettiest dossier ever created! Can't wait to meet the baby girl God has chosen to complete your family. =)
So you decided to send it in? Good for you. I look forward to hearing news of a referral some time in the near future!
frteach
WOW! It's so exciting! I'm trilled to be able to witness the blessings in your life. Keep up the updates.
miss you
YIPPPEEEE!! Your dossier is beautiful!! It puts mine to shame:) I know what a relief it is to send that off to China! Congratuations on a HUGE accomplishment!
wow! yours looks beautiful!! you don't want to see mine...i think it has some coffee on it!
you inspire me!;)
Post a Comment