Today is a monumental day in the history of our country. In just a few minutes Senator Barack Obama will become President Barack Obama, the 44th President of the United States of America. In all honestly, my vote was not cast for Senator Obama but today is not the day to debate views or votes. The decision is behind us and the future of our country is before us. I pray that God would bless and protect President Obama and his family as he faces some of the most difficult decisions in our nations history. I pray this milestone will bring honor to our country, our families and our love for humanity.
On this historical day, I am most proud that my children will never remember a time when the office of President was limited by the color of ones skin. Their generation will know and believe that all things are possible for everyone. Not rich or poor. Not white or black. Not male or female. I am proud that the prejudice that sadly remains within this great nation has taken one GIGANTIC step forward. My family, my children, my children's children will be better for it.
To our new President (because even Barack checks in at the Womble Times)...
I pray that you will seek guidance from the only omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent God. It is the future of these beautiful children that depend on it.
Sincerely,
Mommy
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
a New Day...
at
10:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Amen and amen!
barring my political views, i am so happy that my jada will know that in spite of what others may say or think, her brown skin will never hold her back.
Can't wait to see you in a FEW WEEEKS!!!
Post a Comment