Friday, April 10, 2009

Safe & Sound---thankfully...

Thank you to all of our wonderful friends and family who called to check on us today. It was quite an afternoon here in our neck of the woods. Tornadoes touched down across the city but thankfully we are safe and unharmed. Many here have not fared as well losing their homes, their belongings and a sadly a few lives were lost as well. Thousands of people are without power and who knows when they will be able to restore all of the power lines.This was the view from my front window at 1:26 pm. Note the tree line across the bottom and the funnel cloud forming above. I happened to have the camera nearby so I snapped a quick one just to prove it to all the nonbelievers. Apparently there were several funnel clouds that formed today but not all made it to the ground. Thankfully. I didn't stick around gazing out the window to see what was going to happen. I rounded up my kiddos for a little impromptu "hallway camping adventure" until the hail and winds died down. Our hot tub was damaged but in the big picture...who cares! We are all safe and that's what matters. Please pray for those who did not fare as well today.

2 comments:

kara said...

Glad you are OK. Everyone there is in my prayers. see you soon.

Courtney said...

We were hiking down around Monteagle and missed all the action. Glad you guys are okay! We did drive up north and it looks like Miss Deborah's street was destroyed. I called her but got voicemail. :(