How awesome to see both of these guys share the stage. You may have no idea who they are but I have loved both of them for years. Steven Curtis Chapman and Michael W Smith...
Most know the Chapman family has had a very difficult year after losing their daughter Maria last May. The entire venue was in tears as he shared his heart about the road his family has walked through. Yet even in the midst of his own tragedy and physical heartbreak he wholeheartedly claimed the name of Jesus. I am certain the death of Maria is not the testimony he would have signed up but He is handling it with such grace. In so many ways, this family is a shining example to the world.
Back to the concert. They played until their fingers must of ached. They sang their hearts out. They poked fun at each other. They sang the others music from back in the day.
I have loved Michael W. Smith since I was in middle school. Enough so that some of the girls in my class decided we should all sing "Friends are Friends Forever" at 8th grade graduation. Thankfully Mrs. Fisher saw the writing on the wall and saved us all from the humiliation. Let's face it. None of us went on to Celine Dion status if you know what I mean. Even if I'm only shower soloist status I can still love the man, can't I?
Too bad it took them 20 years to do this. I hope they do not want 20 more to do it again. What an amazing night of fun and worship.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
The United Tour...
at
11:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment