Friday, April 17, 2009

Update on Mei Mei...

On Monday, we received an update on Mei Mei (baby sister). I've been holding out hope we would receive PA this week. It's Friday and the call still hasn't come in. So, I guess you'll have to admire another snippet until we can reveal her to the world.
Head size: 44.8cm
Chest size: 46cm
Height: 73cm
Feet length: 11cm
Weight: 9kg
Teeth: top 3 bottom: 3

Personality: active, restless, alert, sweet, afraid of stranger
Motor skills: walk two or three step alone, walk freely with help, can make single sound like Mama(Mum), Baba(Daddy), Gege(big brothers), Gougou(Dog)


Developmentally she appears on target. She's even speaking four words--that is a HUGE praise! Obviously she is calling her foster parents Mama and Baba but that is typical in this situation. We also learned there are other children in the home because one of her words is Gege (big brother). We are so thankful she is being loved right now until we can bring her home. I am sure the transition will be difficult at first (note: afraid of stranger) but with time she will adjust to us. As soon as we receive PA I promise to post new pics. Hopefully soon...

10 comments:

Lisa said...

How sweet and exciting!!! Can't wait until you can show some pictures.

Lisa Q

Cindy said...

Checking in on you from the shore! :) Mei Mei sounds like she is doing amazing! Talk soon, C

Jodee said...

You must be over the moon! I can't wait to see her sweet face!

Wuxi Mommy said...

How wonderful to get an update on your Mei Mei! I wouldn't worry too much about her being afraid of strangers. They also said that about our Maia, but she's amazingly different already in the two weeks we've known her:) I can't wait to see pictures of your Molly!

Unknown said...

Yay I am sooooo excited for you!!! Can't wait to see more pictures. I have been out of the loop since we got back from China. What orphanage is she from? Can't wait to follow your journey!!!

Sissy said...

It's getting closer, isn't it? I can't believe how fast everything is coming together! Can't wait to see more of those pics...

Lola Granola said...

I know you're having a hard time holding out on us! NEXT WEEK!

Anonymous said...

So cute. I can't wait to see the whole picture! Keeping you in our prayers, The Castro Family

Ashley said...

Don't you fret for a single second about the "afraid of stranger". That is developmentally appropriate... and as I always said... "God put this together, He is going to make it smooth." (and He did for us... one day at a time)

Monica said...

I like the pictures!!! BTW, is the white dress your daughter is wearing (on the right column of your blog)a "pillowcase dress?" Did you make it? It is beautiful!

The suspense is killing me. I can't wait to see Mei Mei's picture fully! I cannot even imagine the feelings your family must be going through!

Happy Spring. I pray you get your news this week!

Monica