Ten years ago today, on a sunny spring afternoon, I met this handsome guy at the altar and said "I do".
If you had told us then where the next ten years would take us we would have laughed. Yet here we are. The good, bad and the ugly--we're still here. Has it always been easy? Nope. Have we had days (even weeks) we were ready to strangle each other? Absolutely--but never once have we forgotten the promises we made that day...
for better, for worse, for richer or for poorer,
in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, 'til death do us part,
according to God’s holy ordinance, and thereto I pledge you my faith.
The year before we married, Shania Twain released "You're Still the One". Even then, before we had "made it" this far, it always reminded me of us. I loved the lyrics and knew some day they would be appropriate for us. I think today is that day.
I'm glad we didn't listen
Look at what we would be missin'
They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong
You're still the one...
We were all of 21 and 20 years old with our entire lives ahead. We could have listened to those who said we were too young to get married or taken to heart the insinuations of those who thought it but never said it. Instead we listened to our hearts. I'm so thankful we did.
A few weeks ago this amazing man I have the privilege of calling my husband planned every detail of a 10th anniversary getaway. I didn't even know where we were going until less than an hour before we arrived. The entire weekend was AMAZING! Seriously AMAZING! This is the most beautiful place I have ever been. I hope when I'm old and gray I can still remember the details he planned for our weekend. Every single minute was heaven on Earth.
(Please no comments about the Chief at the spa. He was stepping WAY outside his box on that one!)
To my handsome hubby...
You are still the one I love regardless of passing time or circumstance. Ten years ago you were the love of my life. Time has only strengthened what we started way back when. Thank you for being everything I could have ever dreamed of in a husband, a Father and as my best friend. Happy Anniversary! I hope and pray 40 years from today we are reminiscing about this milestone as if it were yesterday. I love you.









7 comments:
Awwwww, that is so sweet! Happy Anniversary guys!!!!
XO
An accomplishment to be proud of. Congrats. You make a handsome couple. I just noticed Mei Mei face is uncovered.....beautiful. Does that mean you have PA????
Happy Anniversary Wombles!!!! love ya
Holy moly! Your hubby rocks! That place looks amazing! It looks like you had a fabulous time!
Happy Anniversary!
Congratulations!! Please share where this place is, it is beautiful!
Bow chicka wow wow....
:)
I am so glad you two had such a wonderful time on your trip! You both deserve the royal treatment. Grammy had a great time with prince and princess while you were gone. They kept me busy but I enjoyed every minute of it.
Post a Comment