I have a friend who quotes her age in anniversaries and I've decided to adopt her philosophy as my own. Brilliant idea! That being said, today is the second anniversary of my 29th birthday. Would you believe I almost forgot? So much is going on these days I nearly forgot my own birthday. Seriously. I remembered last Friday when a friend asked me if I had big plans for Tuesday. My answer: "What's Tuesday?" HA! You know you are officially old when you forget your own birthday. Anyway, it was a lovely day spent with some of my favorite people. A little shoe shopping. A fancy new camcorder. A delicious dinner single handedly prepared by my amazing hubs. A yummy chocolate ganache cake. Who could ask for more? At this point I would normally attempt to say something very poignant about the past year. The truth is it's been a bit of a blur and for some reason I'm at a loss for words (GASP!). MEEEEE? At a loss for words? I know. Unbelievable! My mind is working overtime these days and I'm fresh out of poignant things to say. The past year has brought so many blessings to my life I do not know where to begin. Maybe in a few months when I can put my thoughts together. For now, I'm off to eat another piece of my yummy ganache cake (birthday calories are free don't you know). I'll worry about the consequences later. Happy second anniversary of my 29th birthday to me! 
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
the second anniversary of my 29th birthday...
at
8:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful day and this coming year will be even more remarkable than the last!
Well, Happy Birthday!! And I'm getting a little weirded out by how similar we are... I was born exactly 10 days after you, we are both nurses, we love the Lord, we have a heart for adoption. Hmm, are you moving to WA anytime soon? I'd love it! :) Praying for those TA's... ANY day now.
Hope you had a fantastic birthday!! I know how you feel forgetting about birthdays at this point. I am getting so excited for you all!!
Blessings,
Amy
Happy Birthday! And what a great picture of you and the kids.
I just figured that with your reasoning, I've on my 9th anniversary of my 29th birthday. How pathetic is that!
Take care.
Where was my slice of that chocolate ganache cake??
Belated happy birthdays back at you! A tough time to celebrate, I know...
Call me and we will talk gifts and plans. Maybe tomorrow am. You see, I know you are GETTING THERE!
What????? Did I miss your b-day????? Oh I am so sorry!!! How did I miss it??? A very belated happy happy birthday to me dear friend!!!!! You are a treasure!!!
Post a Comment