Saturday, August 29, 2009

T Minus 11 days: She's makin a list & checkin it twice...

Imagine you were leaving home for 15 days and traveling to a place you have never been. What is the ONE THING you would never want to forget? Remember I have 44 pounds per suitcase. SBM--do not tell me to pack 10 pound weights and gym clothes. That is YOUR packing list, not mine.

Don't forget Day 12 ipod songs. My pal Rebekah suggested "God is Bigger than the Boogie Man" by the Veggie Tales. :-) Hehheh. Good one Rebekah. I've added it to the list. I'm sure it will make me laugh every time I hear it.

8 comments:

Wuxi Mommy said...

The one lifesaver for our kiddos was the Leapster! Peanut played it almost all the way to China and in the airports during all of our different flights. Also, if you have some space (ha ha!), I took along some of my favorite snacks so that I had something familiar every one in awhile. Even though the food in China is amazing, you'll be so glad to see that Twinkie in your suitcase! Those weight limits on the suitcases were the WORST part for sure. But it was worth weighing them ahead of time because they DO scrutinize the weight in the airports.

Kara said...

YIPPEE!!! We're all doing the happy dance for you here in Massachusetts! Congrats to the Womble family! I'll send some song ideas later today! YAY!

Sissy said...

I would suggest you pack things you can throw away: old underwear, old shirts, old jeans. Wear 'em and leave them, because you will want to buy things for Mei Mei to have of her country. Maybe some things to give her on every birthday, something from her home country. If you plan to get rid of things as you go along, then you will have room for the souvenirs you will want to bring home, for Mei Mei and the other kids.

Other than your passport, and any other forms you may need, just think about being comfortable. I have never been to China, but I have traveled abroad several times.

If you can, check out your hotel's website and see what they have. I find that hotels abroad don't have what we Americans consider necessities, like shower curtains.

I am so jealous. Just have to admit it.

Wife of the Pres. said...

I would not and could not leave home w/out my camera. Better yet a CARD and batteries/power cord.

Are you forgetting to update your sidebar? :))) From one TypeA to another! Yep, you are definitely exhibiting signs of labor onset!

Ashley said...

Neosporin... needed it on 2 trips to see Eliza. And pack at least one complete change of clothes in your carry on (OH WAIT... you are M would would do that anyway)

shelley said...

Please remember you are traveling to a place where you CAN GET WHAT YOU NEED...pack clothes enough for 4-5 days ONLY and then some snacks (they really are readily available)and toys. You might pack clothes in 2 sizes just in case.

Thanks for letting us follow your journey.

Shelley
another HAS family

Sonja said...

I was actually thinking underwear. You could leave the weights at home and just do push ups and sit ups and pack a jump rope for your cardio workout.It doesn't take much space :)

and don't forget your lingerie :) HA

AwesomeCloud and family said...

Toilet paper. I am sooo bringing my own toilet paper.