Thursday, August 27, 2009

T Minus 13 days: Anxious...

13 days. 13 days. 13 days. Nothing more than that. Nothing revolutionary to say. Nothing mind boggling. Nothing awe inspiring. 13 days.

Overwhelmed. Ecstatic. Scared. Overjoyed. Nervous. Incredibly humbled. Anxious. What if she doesn't like us? What if she rejects me? What if she has undisclosed needs? What if we get lost? What if Wild Man and Little Miss need us and we can't get home quickly? What if... Grrrrr...why is there such a thing as "what if"?

Anxious. Why am I anxious? I know God is bigger than fear. Is fear really the lack of faith? Am I really brave enough to get on that plane? I tell Wild Man every day he is brave. Today's question: Am I? I don't know. He can protect our family. He can bring us home safely. He can comfort our hearts--all five of us--on opposite sides of the planet. He can heal her broken heart. I know He can. The part I struggle with is, "Will He?" Change is hard. I'm the type A-status quo-let's keep everything the same-kinda gal. I know I am not the only Mommy who might be alot a little anxious about 15 days away from home. Imagine it for a minute? Would you be a little anxious to be half a world away from 1/2 of your heart?

This morning I heard a new song released a few days ago. It was one of those "speaking directly to YOU" moments. I am BIG ENOUGH to be HERE and THERE, Mommy. I am. Believe it.

If you want to hear the new addition to my ipod go here and play the first song...The Words I Would Say

Three in the morning,
And I'm still awake,
So I picked up a pen and a page,
And I started writing,
Just what I'd say,
If we were face to face,
I'd tell you just what you mean to me,
I'd tell you these simple truths,

Be strong in the Lord and,
Never give up HOPE,
You're going to do great things,
I already know,
Gods got His hand on you so,
Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget,
But don't forget why your here,
Take your time and pray,
These are the words I would say


Last time we spoke,
You said you were hurting,
And I felt your pain in my heart,
I want to tell you,
That I keep on praying,
My love will find you where you are,
I know cause I've already been there,
So please hear these simple truths,

Don't live life in fear. My love will find you where you are. Never give up HOPE. How appropriate. HOPE. 13 days.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

You are very BRAVE!
You are chock full of HOPE!
You are TYPE A in the best way possible!

YOU ARE MOMMY!!!!!

I can hear your Mommy ROAR!!!!!!

Go and get YOUR DAUGHTER!!!!!!

Sissy said...

Those words are so poignant. The waiting this past couple of weeks have been hard, as I keep thinking about our adoption that fell through and what the baby is up to.

You will be just fine. It will be an amazing trip that you will look back on and be so glad you did the whole two weeks. Mei Mei needs to see that you loved her home country and the people that take care of her. God will get you through this whole trip and bring you home as a family.

Michelle said...

I remember all that fear of leaving my children for the first time and getting on a plane for over two days of traveling. When we first got on the plane we said a prayer and I never worried about the IF in life. I knew God was taking care of it all. Have a great trip and can't wait to see your little girl in your arms

Lola Granola said...

You know, you are going to be solid. You are. Sometimes only on the outside, but I'm told that counts. Your faith is going to help bring you right along, and her too.
You are going to take your hand of the wheel and go for a nervewracking ride, but just the fact that you're going means you're strong enough to get back!
YOU"RE GOING!

Wuxi Mommy said...

Those last few days before we left for Maia were like being on a huge emotional roller coaster for us, too! Remember that those fears aren't from your Heavenly Father, but from someone else, who will try desperately to keep you as far away from that airplane as he can. Don't let those fears steal your joy!! This is one the most exciting and amazing moments of your lives, and you deserve to enjoy ever second of it! We've watched a miracle unfold before us as God has been healing our little Maia and weaving into our family as only He could. I KNOW He will do the same in your family, too! From the moment they handed our Maia to us, we knew that she was hand-picked from Someone above for us. He knows our children's needs and He knows just why YOU will be the perfect Mommy for your little Mei Mei! I'm soooo excited and happy for you, and I know you're about to experience a blessing beyond your wildest dreams. Soak it all in. This is your time!!