This morning we were scheduled for a half day tour of the Folk Art Museum, jade shopping and to visit a local park. Apparently MeiMei didn't like the idea of sightseeing in 114 degree heat so she decided to change our plans. We made it through half of the Folk Art Museum before we noticed little red dots on MeiMei's face. What started as tiny pinpoint red dots morphed into full blown hives all over her face, arms and legs in less than half an hour. :-l Our guide wanted to take her to the doctor but I was not on board with that suggestion. It's not like you can run to the Pediatrician around here, ya know? Obviously we cut the morning short and came back to the hotel for a little Benadryl. Within an hour the hives were almost gone. After lunch I did a little shopping while the Chief and MeiMei napped. Then we shopped and ate dinner with the Guarino's. While we were eating, guess what decided to show up again? Right on time--7 hours after Benadryl--hello hives. Ugh! She has no symptoms other than an itchy rash but it has made for an interesting day (as if we needed this trip to be any more interesting). It's not a heat rash--it's something else.

As for MeiMei, this morning she walked a little bit in the hotel lobby. We can count on one hand how many times her feet have touched the ground outside our room so this is an improvement. The Chief is hot and tired since she wants him most of the time. She thinks I'm OK in the hotel room but wants nothing to do with me in public. By OK I mean she will wave to me from across the room, let me change her diaper without screaming and occassionally let me hold her. Today that works for me. I'll take what I can get right now. Until tomorrow...
P.S. I am up to date now. Just sent Fri/Sat/Sun post. Almost time to come home. HOORAY! Wild Man and Little Miss...have fun with Mrs. Robin today. Be on your best behavior and we'll see you in a few days.






6 comments:
I can tell you from experience that she will love you deeply soon enough. It is good that you understand why she is doing this.... It was good to see the TCH pictures, it brought back a lot of memories from May! She is a beautiful girl!
Those hives look just like the ones Bay has had off an on the past few years.
I giggled at your pictures of Gracy covering her face and of the food. She is going to love that some day.
So glad to see the baby steps.
She is so precious!!!
Ugh!! for rashes BUT that rash doesn't know who it's messing with...LOL!! Mommy is on top of rashes! And she has every medicine possible to combat you.....betcha you will not be back on Mei Mei anytime soon. Let's hope anyway. :)
Good thing you pack all those "Just in Case" meds. Always prepared. I will be praying for her and you two. Love MOM (aka Grammy)
Very smart to pack the benadryl!
I'm happy to hear she's coming around!
Pretty soon she won't want to let you go!
By any chance do you have Zyrtec with you? It's the gold standard for hives. 1/2 tsp before bed.
E-mail me when you get home. I'm something of a hives expert! :)
Post a Comment