Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day 5: Welcome to Guangdong

~ sent Sunday 5:56 pm China time / 4:56 am CST

We have made it to Guangdong province and are settling in to our hotel. It's been a long day but I will try to upload pictures later tonight (updated to add pictures Sunday @ 8:24 pm CST). We received our itinerary for the next 11 days at check-in. We also met my agency friend Lori and her husband tonight. We had a nice dinner at the famous Lucy's while trying to keep each other awake. I forgot to break out the camera but we have 11 days together so I'm sure I'll have time for pictures later.

Our chariot to Guangdong (air china)...

Little Miss & Wild Man prepare to travel to Guandong...

Flat Pals tagging along for the ride...

Full service meal on a 3 hour flight (GASP)...

Victory Hotel bellboy who picked us up at airport...

Capturing the "real China" passing through Guangzhou City...

Our suite at the Victory...

We have quite a bit of paperwork to do before we leave tomorrow at 2 pm. I can't believe it is finally here! We meet MeiMei tomorrow at 3 pm China time--2 am Monday morning at home. Only a few more hours until MeiMei Day!

12 comments:

Kim said...

Soooo excited, I can't stand myself!

Rebekah said...

Another flight under your belt...you're doing great! Not long now...MeiMei here you come! Love you!

AwesomeCloud and family said...

I'm so excited!!

Rachel Spence said...

YAY!! You made it down there.....it's so CLOSE!! I'm so excited I can't stand it!! Can't wait to hear!!

Mrs. Phillips said...

I know we are complete strangers...but I am so happy for you! Your momoent has FINALLY arrived. I can't wait to hear about the joyous reunion that is sure to occur!

Has MeiMei only been spoken to in Chinese? I've been wondering about this.

Ashley said...

OH GIRL~
I am so excited for you. Thinking of you and praying for you! The day you dreamed of... all your life... is here!

Sissy said...

This is going to be such an emotional moment. I have watched tapes of my friends Tanya and Jason meeting their daughters and they are both bawling. You'll make it through, though. God is with you and MeiMei.

Anonymous said...

They are excited that you will be meeting MeiMei soon cant wait to see pictures of MeiMei. Time for supper got to go Love Grammy!

Steve n Coco said...

You're almost there! Hang in there and *try* to get some sleep!
Be blessed,
Courtney

Jodee said...

Whoooo hoooo! She is almost here! Hoping and praying for a smooth transition tomorrow!

Rachel Spence said...

Ok just saw all the pictures. Wow your suite looks nice!! I see what you mean about the city and the difference in Beijing. Oh and that food on the plane....did you eat it?? ;)

Sonja said...

The main thing I have to say about this post is that I'm sorry you had to eat that beanie weenie looking stuff on the airplane. I hope that plane had a luxury potty because that's where I would've been should I have chosen to eat that :)