Thursday, September 3, 2009

T Minus 6 days: a word about commenting...

I am told, from other adoptive parents who have already traveled, that comments are your lifeline to home. I know there are MANY people who read our blog and do not comment. No big deal. I do not blog for comments. I blog to record the history of our family. However, this scenario is a little different. We are going to be missing our home, our children, our friends, our family, Sonic drinks, Camino Real, Target... :-) While we are away, please take the time to let us know you stopped by the blog. Your words will be a lifeline to us from across the world.

HOW TO LEAVE A COMMENT:

  • If you are a Blogger member you know how to comment.
  • If you are not, click the word COMMENT beside the time stamp below the post. It will pop up another box. Leave your comments in the box, tick "anonymous" (and don't forget to type your name so I will know who left the comment). Your thoughts and prayers are going to help us wade through 15 days away from home.
Just to clarify, this INCLUDES Grammy, Nanny, Lynn, Aunt L, Aunt B, Laura, Rhonda and anyone else who reads but NEVER comments. :-)

13 comments:

Denise said...

I remember how much comments meant, so I promise to be sending you lots of them...can't wait to see your daughter in your arms...soooo exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

OK. I will try to do better with comments than I have in the past. I get it. You need to know what is going on over here. Love you. Nanny

Anonymous said...

wow...can't believe your adventure begins in less than a week. your family will be in my thoughts and prayers! Hugs, Amy

Anonymous said...

yes. I will leave comments. Just so you know. You are the first blog I read each morning and the last one I read before I go to bed. My heart fills with joy and song each time you get a step closer to your awesome bundle of joy! I pray for the Wombles each morning. There really aren't words to express - but I do know that I can't wait to meet her. I love you guys and miss you!

Anonymous said...

Well I just came over by way of Kimat small words... now how could I not leave a comment..hehe. Blessing while yall are away!

Jodee said...

Count me in for commenting! I will keep you company for 15 days!

Anonymous said...

I have started reading your blog a while ago and I check it {almost} everyday. I can't wait to hear more about your adventure to China. It must be SO exciting. God bless you and your family. Everything will be amazing!! I'll have you in my thoughts!

I couldn't leave this post without commenting. :}

By the way, you can check out this blog: http://always-in-myheart.blogspot.com/ Watch the adoption videos! here: http://www.ouradoptionvideo.com/{she adopted five kids from China and the adoption videos are all amazing but watch David's video first!}They bring tears to your eyes. Warning: It'll put you more on edge to go to China :} But, definitly worth it.

Anyways,good luck and enjoy every minute. Time goes fast...

Anonymous said...

I try to read every day. We love you and miss you. Hopefully after everything settles down our families can spend some time together. I am sad we have not done this before. There has always been so much going on. I guess we should of tried harder.

My prayers are with you on your travel. Call me when you get back we will set up a day to get together.

Love
Aunt Linda

Abby said...

Delurking!! Don't remember exactly how I found your blog but I have enjoyed following your journey and am so excited for you! My best friend adopted a little girl last month and it has been amazing watching that relationship develop...God is so good!

Global Girl said...

I'm going to email you today or tomorrow, but wanted to wish you safe travels! There is Blogger trouble in China now; do you know how to post remotely or have a back-up blogger? When you go to TCH, hug those babies extra tight for me!

Take care,
Kate

Anonymous said...

Wow, you totally just called me out. I admit, I'm not the best blog follower out there, but I talk to you everyday (not at 9am anymore, but still...). BUT seeing that my BFF will be on the other side of the planet for 2 weeks, I promise to do better. Can't wait to have lunch at Pei Wei with you and mei mei!
Laura

Melissa from Puddin Pop Designs said...

so funny! I have the same list!!
I will definitly be following the blog while you are gone and praying for you too! I'll have a cherry lime aid on your behalf as well!!!
Little MeiMei is going to love her Mommy and Daddy!!! I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

I have been keeping updated with your blog. I am very excited for you and your family. I am very proud of the person you have become. Good things come to deserving people and you deserve great things in your life.

Love, Aunt B