Thursday, September 10, 2009

WE ARE HERE!!!!!


PRAISE THE LORD WE ARE ON THE GROUND!!!!  It is 5 pm here in China.  We just made it to our hotel.  We were delayed about an hour and a half in Newark due to COMPUTER ISSUES.  They kept powering down the plane the whole plane and then powering up trying to get it to do whatever it was they wanted.  Just what the girl with the flying anxiety needed to start her 14 hr flight. So, we arrived in China an hour behind schedule but the most important thing is WE LANDED!  Somebody out there better be proud of me because I did not take one little happy pill.  I was holding out until I really REALLY needed it and I made it without one.  :-)  Thank you for your prayers!  We are exhausted.  We slept about an hour and a half on the plane.  That gives us a grand total of 3 hours of sleep since we both got up on Tuesday morning at 6 am.  It was a long night of packing Tuesday night.  We are off to shower, find some dinner and try to stay awake until a reasonable bedtime.  I am sending this by email so pictures are to come when I have time to upload.  Courtney is manning the blog since blogger is blocked but I wanted to at least email to let you all know we are fine.  What time is it?  What day is it?  Really, who cares.  We are IN CHINA PEOPLE!  4 days until we meet MeiMei. 

 

Mom-we will call in a bit before Wild Man and Little Miss go to school.

24 comments:

Amy said...

I am so proud of you!!! You did it, no happy pills, just God's peace!!! I knew you could do it all along. I would say you were cured of your flying anxiety. Enjoy Beijing, make sure you walk down food street in the evening, it is quite the sight.
Love and Blessings,
Amy

Cindy said...

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!! So exciting!!!!!! And without happy pills!!!! Now you are just showing off!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

It is great just knowing that you all have landed. I know your trip was lonnnnnnng.Get some rest and take a deep breath. Everything will be fine both here and there. Love you. Nanny

Mommy to Samantha & Madison said...

Glad to hear you made it safely! I did the same thing on our first adoption flight with the "happy pills"! Way to go!

See ya soon,

Denise

Denise said...

I was praying for you last night, thinking about you in the air. You are there...hooray! Soak of every minute of this trip of a lifetime~

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Glad you made it safely and that you did well. Enjoy this time!

~Lynn

Jodee said...

I am so glad you made it safe and sound! Enjoy your time in China. I can't wait to see Mei Mei in your arms!

Anonymous said...

All those meds and not a single one taken. That's awesome! That was one of the things you were dreading the most! You are one step closer to bringing home that precious little girl. An ocean no longer separates you:) I went to church last night and told all my teen girls that you were in the sky on your way to China at that very moment and they were so excited! Email when you can. Love you. **Laura

Rachel Spence said...

YAY!!! I was up til I knew that plane landed sister!! And You made it. I am SO proud of you! Probably headed off to bed soon but have fun sightseeing the next few days. 4 days....
woo hoo

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you have landed!! Wildman at school and Little Miss at preschool (Grammy at work) all is well here. Kids was excited to take another ring off today and to talk with you. Hope you sleep well I know you are tired. PSSSS you should have taken the happy pills and slept!
Love ya,
Grammy

Tammy Jones said...

woo-Hoo You made it and with out a pill!!!! Way to go girl!!!! I am so excited for you. Get good and rested so you will be in tip top shape to meet your little darling.
Blessings,
Tammy J

Sonja said...

Yeah!! I must say I'm a bit disappointed in the "no happy pill" stuff. I wanted stories of loopiness and slobber and of you saying inappropriate things. Oh well. So happy you've made it!!

4 days! 4 DAYS!! AAAAAAHHHHH!

Much love!

Susan said...

Glad to hear you made it!!! I can't wait to see pictures. Thanks so much for sharing this journey with us!! 4 more days won't be long!!!!!

Holli said...

Yeahhhh for you two! I know you are so thankful to have that part behind you! Can't wait to see pictures!

Lola Granola said...

Thinking of you too! Try to enjoy Beijing--I know it's hard with so much ahead but this is your chance to look around, absorb some culture and hopefully peace, and take a few deep breaths!

Go you two, go!
KJ

Wife of the Pres. said...

YIPPEE!!! You are THERE!!! Can't wait to see pics and stalk (I mean read) your blog! :))))))

Anonymous said...

Very happy you made it with little or no problems......and pretty impressive with no drugs either.
You both are in are thoughts and prayers......
Much love - JimPa and Neenie

Ashley said...

SOOOO EXCITED! I have butterflies and ladybugs=). I am thinking of you constantly!!

I CANNOT WAIT!

Ash

AwesomeCloud and family said...

Woohoo! You made it! I knew you would. The odds of dying in a jet crash are 52,600,000:1. And even then, nearly all plane crashes have some survivors, so all you'd have to do is tap into all that adrenaline and be the first into the life raft and you'd be fine.

:)

I'm sooooo ready to follow you. Can you tell?

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! PICTURES PLEASE?

Steve n Coco said...

YAAAAAHOOOOO!!! I'll be glued to the computer (as much as I can) waiting for an update! I just read your last few entries-- God bless you. This is an amazing and overwhelming time, just don't forget to breathe and take it all in... even the hard stuff.

And btw, I am VERY proud of you for not taking the happy pills! Being one who also suffers from not-liking-to-be-in-the-air, I totally sympathize.

Be blessed,
Courtney

Cindy said...

No updates yet? Guess you are sleeping. OK, I'll let you rest for a bit :) But then you gotta dish girl! Tell me all about it! I am living vicariously through you!
PS Word on the street is shared list is delayed until at least Sunday. So much anticipation on all ends of this great big world!
Sending you lots of love!!!!

Kim said...

I know you are not going to be a bit surprised . . . but I woke up at 2 am and was thinking of you as you as you were suppose to be landing at 2:20 . . . got to the computer at 2:01 and Rach had just emailed me at 1:58 and said you landed!! I think that pilot was speeding!

Rebekah said...

Yea!! SO glad to hear you made it safely! And very proud of you for foregoing the happy pills! So... was first class international everything I told you it would be??? Love you!