Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thankful Thursday...

When I was a little girl, this is the view I imagined in my rear view mirror. Not bright city lights or fancy cars or prestigious neighborhoods. I dreamed of precious babies sleeping sounding without a care in the world. I wish I could bottle this. You know, the feeling you get when the chaos of motherhood turns to silence and you are reminded that you are incredibly, amazingly, abundantly, profoundly blessed beyond your wildest dreams. There's an empty seat or two back there beside Wild Man (he's asleep behind Little Miss). Maybe we'll fill them some day. Maybe we won't. Who knows. All I know today is I am thankful for the opportunity to be their Mommy.

1 comment:

Rachel Spence said...

Pretty sure I did a blog post similar to this one time. Yes we are very blessed but pretty sure mine was about the RELIEF they were all QUIET for just a minute. HAHA!!! sorry....just being honest. hee hee