and snow and ice it did!
The sky opened up and poured for over 24 hours (which is a rarity in our neck of the woods).
On Friday, there wasn't a gallon of milk or a loaf of bread within 100 miles but there were children everywhere bursting with excitement...
"Can we go out yet? Can we go out yet?" was heard about 673 times before they were able to hit the door. By Saturday afternoon our neighborhood totaled about 4 inches of snow...
topped with another 3-4 inches of ice...
and a little more snow to grow on...
Of course that didn't stop Wild Man and Little Miss from doing the "more snow" dance...
while MeiMei watched from the toasty comfort of the dining room window.
I'm sure she was wondering WHY they would want MORE of the freezing cold white stuff. I'm pretty sure she's never seen anything like it. They have palm trees in southern China--not snow. She would have been fine to stay inside the whole weekend but there was no way this Momma could let the first BIG snow pass her by.
At first she didn't know what to think...
but it didn't take long before she was rarin' to go...
Little Miss (who just HAD to wear a dress--even to play in the snow) had to teach her baby sister a thing or two about snow days...
and MeiMei caught on pretty quickly. Monkey See...
Monkey Do...
Ahhhhh...
I'll let you decide what she thought of it...
The final attempt at a snowman was...ummmm...shall we say...non productive? They learned first hand why it's called a SNOWman (and not an ICEman)
but they had a great time trying. Obviously this is not the best group photo but it makes me laugh nonetheless. To think I bribed them with hot cocoa just to catch the three of them in the same frame.
And even though my foyer floor is PILED with three layers of clothing x 5, I would still welcome a few more snows just like this one in 2010. There is nothing like the joy it brings to the faces of my three little Eskimos.
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Let it Snow (n-snow-n-ice-n-snow)...
at
10:04 PM
-- Family Time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Snow. It's what's for dinner! =)
Love the pictures. And I think I've seen that snow dance before... but we call it "Walk Like an Egyptian" over here. ;-)
Post a Comment