Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Little Miss' Spring Program...

I love preschool program performances. LOVE LOVE LOVE preschool performances. I love seeing little ones sing with wild abandon for Jesus. I'm usually holding my breath and doing the motions with them once the music begins--kind of like their personal cheerleader. I guess, in a way, that's part of the job description (even in preschool).



The song was "I Love to Praise Him". Little Miss has practiced this song for months. Up until show time, she sang it at the top of her lungs proudly from start to finish. Every word. Then show time arrived. She walked out on stage and quickly realized there were going to be PEOPLE watching her. Not just her class' families. The whole preschool. Her proud singing voice was mysteriously quiet and her nervous tongue started rolling but she didn't forget any of the motions. Bless her heart...it was her first case of stage fright...but she didn't freeze up...she just went with it. YAY LM!

When I complimented her by saying "You did such a GREAT JOB singing, LM" she said, and I quote, "THANKS MOMMY but {my friend} was singing loud enough for everyone so I didn't need to sing. {PAUSE} but I "praised Him". YES. YOU. DID. LM. Yes, you did.

NOTE: The Chief was manning the video camera. Enough said. :-)

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Awww, so precious to see them praise Him. Yay MG, so proud of you!!

Jodee said...

I agree -- preschool programs are the best! What an adorable performance. She did a great job and I could definitely hear her loud friend. What a hoot!

Mommy to Samantha & Madison said...

Loved it! What a cutie she is! I totally understand about the video camera - LOL!

Ashley said...

PRECIOUS!