As of today, Mei Mei has six months under her belt as Womble #5. Six months ago at this very moment many of you were watching this miraculous day unfold in front of your computer screens. I'm sure you were wondering what was going on half a world away. I can barely watch the slideshow without welling up. What a bittersweet day...
The day we met the daughter of our hearts. The one we waited years to meet. The same day her little heart shattered into a million pieces. I will never, in all my days, forget that day. Ever.
It has been a whirlwind since we arrived home from China. Our days have been viewed through the lens of "before China" and "after China". You can't experience a journey like China and not be completely changed by what your eyes have seen. What your heart has felt. I don't think it is possible. We are blessed--our entire free nation as a whole--and we don't even know it. We THINK we know it. We do not.
Over the course of six months, Mei Mei has experienced many firsts. Her first Halloween (as a ladybug of course)...She has been properly (and beautifully) welcomed home by friends and family...
She has celebrated the birth of Jesus--the first of many years to come...
She has learned what the white stuff is all about...
She has celebrated the Lunar New Year as an American citizen (with her pseudo-Chinese family--that's us in case you are wondering)...
and she is slowly but surely realizing that THIS family is forever...
I marvel at how far she has come since the day she was placed in her Daddy's arms. We are both honored and humbled to watch this little one unfold before our eyes. If I am perfectly honest, I know we have a long way to go but I continue to believe she will get there--that we will get there. "Now faith is being sure of what we HOPE for and certain of what we do not see". That is the verse that I chose for her long before I knew her face. It is still just as applicable today as it was then.
Happy Mei-Mei-a-versary sweet one! You have opened our eyes and our hearts to more than you could ever imagine. We love you all the way to China and back a million times.
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Happy Mei-Mei-a-versary...
at
11:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






10 comments:
Happy 6 months, sweet girl! =)
I began following your blog those days before you left. I prayed as your heart broke for your little girl. Wow, 6 months. God bless your family.
Beautiful post. Happy Mei-Mei-a-versary!
I'm so glad you wrote this post. I know you have been so extremely busy with all the kids and the remodel, but I'm glad you are okay. I remember that slide show, waiting to see her, and crying as the photos would come up. It was such a moment, even for those of us miles and miles away.
Happy Anniversary! Time moves so quickly doesn't it? I'm glad things are going well for you, even with such a difficult beginning. As in childbirth, we forget the pain of bringing our children home.
I distinctly remember "meeting" you when you got your immigration approval before me! I was so frustrated with the system, but your kindness I remember well.
I'll be keeping in touch.
goodness...6 months?!
even we can see how much happier she looks now!
She is beautiful. It is poignant to look at the excitement on your face, and then see your tear stained dress.
I love it! Congrats on six months! The slideshow is beautiful and brought back many memories for me too! The pain and fear and the chaos. China does change you, adoption does change you. She is beautiful!
where is my picture, just kidding. I messaged you something on facebook. Hope you are having a great week. Love you Aunt Linda
Happy 6 months! You brought a tear to my eye today :))) Sweet post for a precious gift!
Jill
Post a Comment