Saturday, August 7, 2010

the Serenity Now Post Birthday Extravaganza...

A few weeks ago I celebrated the 3rd anniversary of my 29th birthday. Or was it the 2nd anniversary of my 30th birthday? I dunno? Anyway. As a gift to me, the Chief planned a little belated something special for me us. I've affectionately dubbed it the "Serenity Now Post Birthday Extravaganza". {Extravaganza...what is it about the word Extravaganzaaaaahhhh? It makes me laugh every time I say the word...ex-trava-gan-zahhhhhhhhh. See what I mean?}

Our serenity lasted 24 hours and it was the amazing. Spa. Massage. Pedicure. Swanky Dinner. Free Birthday Desert complete with my own candle (care to guess what I wished for--hehehehehehehe). One full night of uninterrupted sleep. Breakfast of champions (AKA Starbucks). Then back to reality. If that list doesn't qualify as serenity I don't know what will.

For those of you wondering. Yep, the Chief had a pedicure. And he liked it. And I can say that. Because he rarely reads this blog. So he'll never know I told the world anyway. Bwahahahah... (and he'll gladly tell any guy on the block that a spa day with the wifey is awesome and they don't know what they're missing).
A special thank you to Miss Amanda, Nanny and JimPa for helping the Chief. We rarely have any length of time to ourselves and after the year we've had we really really needed it. Thank you so much!

1 comment:

Jodee said...

Wow! Pedicure + Starbucks + Uninterrupted Sleep = Heaven to Me! I am so glad you could squeeze a little getaway in! All parents need to recharge their batteries from time to time!