Thursday, August 5, 2010

To my fellow shipmates...

Thanks to all who replied to my "I'm about to jump ship blahblahblah" post from the other day. I'm glad to know I'm not floating in this boat alone. I did not publish every comment because many were very personal but I read every single one. Being a wife, Mother, friend and _____ is hard work for most of us at this stage in our lives. However, a very wise friend and mother of five reminded me...

God does not call us to ride it out in the safety of the boat.
He calls us into the stormy sea, because that is where we find him.

So if you could relate to what I wrote, I guess we're all in the stormy sea together. :-) Again, glad to know I'm not the only one floating without the proverbial paddle at times. And as if Someone knew exactly what I would need at this specific time (thank you Lord), the Chief is rescuing me from the stormy sea tomorrow for a 24 hour post birthday extravaganza. He genuinely wanted to do more but as he said, "It's only 24 hours but we'll take what we can get." AMEN to that one Chief! AMEN! Bon Voyage my fellow shipmates. See you soon...

3 comments:

Jodee said...

Wow! Way to go, Chief! Have a fun and relaxing time recharging your mommy batteries!

Denise said...

Hey girl, I had read your post, but to be honest I was too defeated and tired to even respond. Just wanted to let you know that I feel the same way sometimes...especially right now while trying to start a business. LOve the quote and it will help me~

Ashley said...

:)