Friday, September 3, 2010

Our Ballerina Girl...

I have...

ahem...

Little Miss has been dreaming of this special day for most of her life. The day she would officially step into a pair of ballet slippers and become a "real ballerina".
I had...

ahem...

Little Miss had a great plan for her first day of "ballerina lessons".

New tights. CHECK. {I bought the wrong ones but she didn't know}

New pink leotard. CHECK!

First pair of ballet slippers. CHECK!!

Hair in the cutest little bun you've ever seen. CHECK!!!

Pink toes. CHECK x 10!!!!
Our little ballerina girl RAN down the sidewalk to "dancing class" as fast as she could. She paused only for a moment to oblige her Mommy (who was innocently bribering offering her a piece of candy if she would let Mommy take just ONE picture)...
Mission Accomplished.

Our Little Miss...

now officially our "ballerina girl". How did she grow up so fast? She is not happy that Mei Mei isn't going to be a "real ballerina" this year BUT she has big plans for next year. Coming in Fall 2011...according to Little Miss...the Womble "Ballerina Twins". I LOVE LOVE LOVE that my girl thinks that is possible. ;-)
PS: If anyone knows how to convince a four year old that it's OK to wear tights and a leotard without pan-ties, please let me know. Someday I'll be glad she finds that appalling, right?

5 comments:

Cindy said...

They both look so beautiful!

Amy said...

just precious! love the little ballerina outfits and that your girls can't wait to dance together...

but,, my girls always wore their little dora panties under their leotard... i never even thought about it. can you tell i was never a ballerina.. or any kind of girly girl for that matter :)

Wife of the Pres. said...

We actually keep the panties on LOl! I am with your Little Miss. I find it appalling too!!!

However, I know the panties showing is not appealing either, so what do you do??? I just make sure LM has on a skirt and her favorite leotard is a black one with a black skirt so it helps to hide the panties peeking out.

Feel free not to post this one! ;)

Lola Granola said...

It's hopeless. Just gotta roll with the lines. Lily says she and rory are really hard to tell apart when they wear the same shirt....

Sonja said...

I was thinking, "Pan-ties? What the heck are pan ties? Hmm. Must be something to do with ballet."

ha.

Figured it out.

cutie patootie ballerina by the way :)