Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mei Mei's Surgery Day 5...

6:45 am:  We are HOPING this is our last post from room #8303.  The plan for this morning is to remove all bandages, sutures and packing.  We were told this is the worst part of the whole surgery/recovery.  {sigh}  This whole thing breaks my heart for her but the hardest part is almost behind us.  Thank you Lord!  As long as this morning goes without complications, and she will keep drinking throughout the day, we may be able to go home this afternoon!!!!!!  Now I know it might not happen but I am cautiously optimistic.  I can just feel my bed calling my name.  :)  Also, Little Miss has her Kindergarten awards program in the morning and this Momma does NOT want to miss it.  I realize we've met our prayer request quota but if you have room on your list please keep praying for Mei Mei today.

12:30 pm: Packing and sutures out. They were right. It was AWFUL... but it's over now. She slept for about three hours on my chest afterward. That's what a hefty dose of Morphine will do to a little one. Bless her. Thankful that part is over. Bandages stay on until NEXT Wednesday. Oh boy. Should be interesting. Little Mei Mei is trying to drink. Discharge orders pending. Should be able to bust out in a few hours.

4 pm: HOME! PRAISE THE LORD! Roller coaster of a day. I know it will be that way for a while. We are now 60% tears and 40% smiles. Hoping to shift that soon.

7 pm: We would like to say thank you to everyone who called, visited and prayed over Mei Mei and our family this week. We are so thankful to be HOME! She will remain in bandages until the 30th so we'll be hanging at home on the road to recovery until then. She sang her favorite prayer tonight at dinner and I couldn't help but tear up. "God our Father. God our Father. Once again. Once again. We bow our heads to thank you. We bow our heads to thank you. Amen. Amen." I couldn't have summed it up any better.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Just wondering if you got out??? Hope so!!! Not surprised at all she was doing so well at 4 days post-op. :)

mashelly said...

oh yay you are home...my prayer for mei mei is the same speedy painless recovery that God has given to my children over and over again, thank you Lord xxx