At this moment we are packing up and getting ready to leave Guangzhou. Our van will arrive around 4:30 pm and we will depart immediately for our 3.5 hour drive to Hong Kong.
I love it here. I do not think this is a horrible detestable place as some adoptive parents perceive. I think China is a wonderful country with a rich history and precious hard working people. I think they have to make decisions I can not fathom based upon a government who chooses to enforce rules I can not understand. This country has given me so much and I am forever grateful for the lives they have entrusted to our family.
I am tearful as we leave behind all Little Buddy has ever known but I
know in my heart it is a new beginning for our son. Two weeks ago he
was an orphan. I wish that wasn't true. I wish the word "adoption" didn't have to exist at all. Whether I like it or not it does. I am so humbled and thankful for the opportunity to be a part of this beautiful calling upon my life. Watching a child bloom before your eyes is a beautiful gift in the making.
This afternoon we will drive along the same road where my Mei Mei and Little Buddy spent their beginning days of life. I can't help but think of both of their birth families. There are two Chinese women I am forever linked yet I will never know who they are. I will never hug their necks and tell them how much I love the children they had to leave behind. I do not know their reasons and I will not judge them for what I do not know. That is not my place. I only wish I could express my gratitude for the gifts they have in turn given to us.
My sweet husband accuses me often of wanting to save the world. I know
that isn't possible but in my own way I know he is right. Maybe I choose to
wear my rose colored glasses in a simple attempt to change the world in
which we live. Maybe I can't change the world for 147 million orphans
but I CAN change the world for this new little one sitting beside me.
He is not an orphan. He WAS an orphan and now he is the beloved son of
our heart.
To my little caboose... I have officially been your Mommy for 10 days. I can't describe you any way other than pure joy. Your smile is contagious. Your giggle melts me into a puddle. You are not at all what I expected. You are more than I could ask or imagine. I know some day you will read this post. I want you to know we are so sorry you are leaving behind your homeland. I know you would not have chosen this road if you had been given the choice. Please know that despite these unchangeable facts we love you with all our hearts. We will do the very best we can to give you whatever you need. I promise you we will spend the rest of our lives loving you, praying for you and delighting in God's plan for your life. I know He has something amazing in store. I prayed for you, my son, and the Lord gave me what I asked of Him. You are a gift... a treasure... a blessing... and I am humbled and honored to be the one you call Mommy.
Zai Jian Guangzhou, China! Thank you for the honor and privilege of parenting two of your children. We promise to love them forever.
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
China Day 14: Zài Jiàn Guangzhou, China!
at
2:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
I appreciate the attitude you have towards a different culture, a different lifestyle. I grew up as a third culture kid and that is priceless. I am an adoptive mom who has had the chance to meet the women who gave birth to the children I have raised. For that I am thankful. You have a great heart and I wear rose colored glasses too!
Safe travels! Thanks for letting me peek into your world.
"I love it here. I do not think this is a horrible detestable place as some adoptive parents perceive. I think China is a wonderful country with a rich history and precious hard working people. I think they have to make decisions I can not fathom based upon a government who chooses to enforce rules I can not understand. This country has given me so much and I am forever grateful for the lives they have entrusted to our family." Awesome, M! Just awesome! ...and very well said! Talk soon sweet friend! xoxo
What a beautiful post my friend! You are truly blessed and I am glad to call you my friend!
Post a Comment