Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Two Years with Little Buddy...

{Blogging has taken a back to seat to life with four children.  Funny how it happens that way.  However, I feel the need to reminisce and I have too much to write on Facebook.  So, here goes...}


TWO years ago today we became the forever family of this little treasure.  We dubbed him our "caboose" as we waited for him to come home and The Lord walked him into our hearts in a Thomas the train t-shirt.  Literally.  He stole my heart the second he stepped beyond the famous polka dot curtain in Guangzhou, China and he's never looked back.  Not once.

This child is funny, JOYful and definitely ALL boy.  He has come SO far since that day.  He's currently making up for the lost days of typical two and three year old behavior at the ripe old age of four and a half.  It's ok though.  That sheer determination was and continues to be the catalyst pushing him forward.

The gift of his life will never be lost on this Momma.  He brings lessons of challenge and sacrifice to our family but we believe every life created is a gift from The Lord.  Many say our children are "lucky" but I know that isn't true at all. WE are the "lucky" ones chosen to love them for who they are in Him.  That's a gift we will never take for granted.

As I scrolled through the posts from our time in China, this one caught me by surprise.  The prayer I prayed before we set out to meet our newest gift...

 Lord, we love you and we thank you for THIS day You have orchestrated for our family.  
We will choose to praise You through the good and possibly the challenging days to come.  
We know without a doubt You've asked us to be a family of six.  
We are scared but we are up for the challenge because we know we are choosing 
Your path instead of our own.  We can not wait to meet our Samuel Jack Xijian.  
Just as his name describes, for this child I prayed and You have given me what I asked of You.
Grateful.  Thankful.  Humbled.  In Awe of your plans for me.  For us.  For our children.  
We promise to love our new little blessing just as You have loved us.  
We promise to teach him the definition of Your kind of love.  
The kind that is pure, unconditional and lasts forever.  
Amen.

If I had known then what I know now I might've been paralyzed with fear.  Scared to hop in the van with my boys to meet my new son.  At times over the past two years I will admit I have been.  I know fear is not from the Lord but even in those moments the Lord has sweetly reminded that He goes before us.  He gives us what we need at the moment we need it.  He lights our path, not from beginning to end, but at our feet right where our journey has us in that very moment.  Two years later I can honestly say I meant every single word.  So today, on July 16, 2014, I pray the very same prayer over our little love...

Lord, we love you and we thank you for THIS day You have orchestrated for our family.  
We will choose to praise You through the good and possibly the challenging days to come.  
We know without a doubt You've asked us to be a family of six.  
We are scared but we are up for the challenge because we know we are choosing 
Your path instead of our own.  We can not wait to meet our Samuel Jack Xijian.  
Just as his name describes, for this child I prayed and You have given me what I asked of You.
Grateful.  Thankful.  Humbled.  In Awe of your plans for me.  For us.  For our children.  
We promise to love our new little blessing just as You have loved us.  
We promise to teach him the definition of Your kind of love.  
The kind that is pure, unconditional and lasts forever.  
Amen.

Happy Family Day Samuel JACK Xijian!  

For YOU I prayed...
every giggle, every smile, every medical appointment,
every tear shed, every label read, every pharmacist consulted, every meeting, 
every research article read, every boo-boo kissed, every hard day, every bear hug, 
every melt down, every "Mommy" uttered, every therapy session,
every JOY filled, boy themed, GOD ordained moment...
and The Lord granted me what I asked of Him.

To Him and ONLY Him be the glory.

No comments: