Thursday, August 9, 2007

a Polka-dotted Princess...literally...


I love polka dots but not THIS kind of polka dots. In case you can't tell from the pictures, our little princess has Roseola. These pictures aren't the greatest but you can at least see the pattern. Don't worry, it doesn't hurt. She had three days of high fever which I thought was from the immunizations she received Friday. Just when I thought she was doing better I discovered a few little strange dots that have slowly turned into this. Then, of course, the fever made sense. She should be back to normal in a few more days once the rash subsides. Just thought you all might want to see it "live" so when it happens at your house you won't panic. These were taken yesterday and the rash was MUCH more remarkable today. I'll attempt to catch a few pictures in the morning if it has gotten worse. Now, I bet some of you are thinking I have officially lost my marbles after reading this post. I am not excited that my baby is sick; but, I AM intrigued by this rash. No matter how long I am away from Nursing, I still can't stop the madness. I still think rashes are fascinating, even if they are on my own children.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

My brother in Florida just called me last this week freaking out about the same thing. Hope she is feeling better.

Gotta love a girl with polka dots. You need the book, "Bad Case of the Stripes"