Monday, February 4, 2008

And the winner is...

ME! I'm a winner! I'm the winner of not one, but TWO, great prizes over the past month. I never win anything. I just don't. Looks like my luck is changin'.

Wendy hosted a giveaway back at the end of December for the cutest little outfit. Along with it came a square bowl with matching chopsticks. Technically, I didn't really win by some random drawing. I won because she thought I deserved to have the outfit for our daughter. You see, we are beginning the process of adopting a baby girl from China. She was sweet enough to just give it to me because she thought I deserved to have it. Here's why... Isn't it just perfect? When I received the box in the mail she had even thrown in a few more baby goodies just for kicks. Wasn't that the sweetest thing? Thank you Wendy for the precious gift. It's a little too small for MG at this point. I'm going to tuck it away in the abyss of my closet. I promise I'll remember who it came from and send you a picture of Ms. Molly in it...you know...someday when she comes home. Don't ask me when that will be. I don't know. However, she has the cutest little custom outfit waiting on her when she FINALLY makes her Womble Times appearance.

Fast forward a few weeks...

Can you believe it? I won something AGAIN! NO KIDDING...I did! I read this blog called the Nesting Place. This girl is hysterical. I love her because she tries to be all incognito like me. She's the Nester. That's her name. Isn't that funny? She has great decorating ideas and her house is just the cutest thing you've ever seen. I want it. I know you are not supposed to covet the things of others but I'm breakin' that rule right now. I love her toile sofa like I love Dr. Pepper and chocolate. My husband would croak before he allowed such a pattern into our living room but that doesn't mean I don't love it anyway.

OK, anyway, I entered her contest entitled "Attention MOOCHERS! Free tassel!" Hmmmm...never thought of myself as a moocher but free...I'll take FREE any day. Well, can you stinkin' believe it? I won something again! This cute little tassel and a jar of upholstery tacks.
I know, you are wondering why the heck I'm excited about upholstery tacks. Go check out her blog post about Window Mistreatments and you'll understand. There will be a little bit of mistreatin' goin' on at my house very soon.

Ok, so, to my point. THANKS to Wendy and the Nester for my super duper giveaway prizes. I better write this down. I may not win anything again for the rest of my life after winning two things in one month. But hey, it's been a good run while it lasted. I can't wait to use all three of them...especially that precious little black outfit. :-)

P.S. I just re-read this post and realized it sounds just like me. I journal like I talk when I get excited about something. Can't you just hear me tellin' you this story over the phone? :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a great blog!!! I love the background !! I need to redo mine soon. I am glad you liked your gift!

Anonymous said...

First off congrats on winning---you got some cute stuff!!! 2nd yep that post sounded exactly like you talk---too funny!