You are, without a doubt, the greatest Miracle of my life. My blond haired, blue eyed, fiesty little man. You have so much to offer the world. You have overcome so many odds to become the amazing little boy you are today. You have proved the world wrong more than once in your little life. You will, without a doubt, do it again. I believe it with everything in me.
I have spent the past few weeks thinking about what the next few years may bring. I have imagined it every way possible. I have played the "what if" game until I can not play any more. I have examined all scenarios and yet I logically come back to the same realization. No matter how many times I wonder, the reality is I do not know what the future holds. Only God holds that card.
Five years ago, I wondered if you would ever BE five years old. When you were an infant, I believed each time I woke to the screech of an apnea monitor that you would be gone before I made it to your crib. I believed, ever so secretly, that I would wake up one morning and your days of struggling for every breath would be over. Thankfully, you proved me wrong. This was the first instance and, without rehashing your journey in detail, it was not the last.
I want to believe you will be the exception to their rule. I WILL believe it. I WILL BELIEVE it because that is what Mommy's do. Mommy's BELIEVE when others doubt. Mommy's find the positive when others focus on the negative. Mommy's defend without question. Mommy's love unconditionally. Mommy's advocate when others short change. Mommy's see the little things that others miss. Mommy's ensure their babies have everything they need to be successful in the world. Mommy's remember that God is much bigger than the opinions of other human beings.
JTW, I am not just any Mommy. I am YOUR Mommy. Of all the little boys in the world, God chose YOU and only you to be my son. I promise I will always BELIEVE in you. I promise I will always find the positive. I promise I will always go to the ends of the Earth to ensure you have everything you need to be successful in this world. I promise no matter where your path may lead, I will always be right by your side. Always.
Love,
Mommy
Sunday, March 30, 2008
to my son...
at
10:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
What a blessed boy to have such a wonderful mommy... and what a blessed mommy to have such a wonderful boy.
Wow. And that's all I have to say about that. And, I think I need a kleenex to absorb the snot I'm slinging after reading this! ;)
Post a Comment