I wish I could go on and on about Idol Gives Back 2008 but I can't. I missed it. I'm pretty sure my feelings about it are the same as last year. I applaud American Idol for bringing national attention to such a global problem. Our society seems to sweep it under the rug and I don't think I will ever understand that. This is not someone else's problem. It is mine. It is yours. It is ours. Until we all step up to help those less fortunate these issues will continue. While we all return to our nice homes at the end of the day--While we are all driving fancy cars and picking up take out on a Saturday evening people are dying of starvation and easily treatable/preventable diseases. Before any of us think we are not driving fancy cars, if you are driving, it is fancy in comparison to no car at all. Before anyone says they don't do take out, when is the last time you went to bed hungry. I mean REALLY HUNGRY. The answer to that is probably never. One of my favorite quotes of all time is this...
YOU must be the change you wish to see in the world. -Ghandi
I used it last year in this post but it still rings true. What will you do to be the change you wish to see in the world? Think about it, find an answer and do something about it.
What I really wanted to talk about before I jumped up on my soap box was the performance. Did you see it? Did you hear about it? If you didn't, watch this. I'll wait...
Can you believe that? American Idol singing "Shout to the Lord" on national TV. Apparently, they altered the lyrics the first night but sang the original version on the second night of Idol Gives Back. I am so impressed.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Idol Gives Back...again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment